Switch to full style
Current and Upcoming Legislation. Local, State and Federal.

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.
Post a reply

18 yo building an 80p

Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:34 pm

I am 18 years old and trying to find a way to legally build and own an ar 15. I have done some reading into the recent laws on this subject and have found little more than ambiguity and contradiction. If there is anyone who can help me better understand the laws around 80p guns or help navigate the law I would greatly appreciate it. Additionally, inclusion of any source readings would help my peace of mind. Thanks all!

Re: 18 yo building an 80p

Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:03 pm

I think mom or dad are going to have to own it until you're 21.

Re: 18 yo building an 80p

Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:08 pm

Sounds straightforward to me:


https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.240

Read the first sentence and then compare the wording used in the rest of that RCW.

Re: 18 yo building an 80p

Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:26 pm

jukk0u wrote:I think mom or dad are going to have to own it until you're 21.


When this guy says mom or dad, he means me. And when he says u til you’re 21, he means never getting it back.

Kthxbai.

Re: 18 yo building an 80p

Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:44 pm

Yeah i was looking for something of a loophole I guess. I heard that in other states these age restrictions can be overruled if the firearm in question is gifted to or built by the individual. So 80% was my shot at working my way around that. Sounds like the laws are a little tighter than I was hoping for though. And hey wait, what’s updog?

Re: 18 yo building an 80p

Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:42 pm

UpDog wrote:
jukk0u wrote:I think mom or dad are going to have to own it until you're 21.


When this guy says mom or dad, he means me. And when he says u til you’re 21, he means never getting it back.

Kthxbai.


Image

Re: 18 yo building an 80p

Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:11 pm

UpDog wrote:Sounds straightforward to me:


https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.240

Read the first sentence and then compare the wording used in the rest of that RCW.


First sentence says purchase. If he makes one it would be ok right?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 18 yo building an 80p

Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:05 pm

Keywords are purchase/transfer and possession which are two different things.

Then you have this which is probably why P80 is not selling to WA:

https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.325

Be sure to look for anything else tricky hidden in this:

https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41

Happy drilling and milling.

Re: 18 yo building an 80p

Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:44 pm

"It's hard to bargle nawdle zouss
With all these marbles in my mouth"

smells like Nirvana

Re: 18 yo building an 80p

Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:54 pm

In short, you can make them all day long, but you have restrictions on where you can go with them. This is for both semi-automatic rifles and pistols.

Go nuts.

Re: 18 yo building an 80p

Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:26 pm

Troll post is troll

Can we track the ISP that this came from?

Re: 18 yo building an 80p

Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:49 pm

Pleasedon'tpet,

Ever heard of "Don't ask, don't tell"? Originally that dealt with a WAY different subject. Sounds like you better run anything you do past Popdog (or the Boss whomever that is in your household) if you plan on hanging around the house, but I like the way you think. The law, aside from being totally unconstitutional, just totally sucks. You deserve to own that weapon as much as a geezer like me.Glad to hear of younger peeps trying to think out of the box to tell .gov to #%!K itself.

Re: 18 yo building an 80p

Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:51 pm

RocketScott wrote:Troll post is troll

Can we track the ISP that this came from?


How is this a troll? It's perfectly legitimate.

He's trying to exercise what rights they have left and follow the law handed down to us.

He can build all day long, but cannot be the recipient of a purchase or transfer of a completed pistol or semi-auto.

Possession is restricted to the areas defined in the bill.

Re: 18 yo building an 80p

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:43 pm

PinSniper wrote:
RocketScott wrote:Troll post is troll

Can we track the ISP that this came from?


How is this a troll? It's perfectly legitimate.

He's trying to exercise what rights they have left and follow the law handed down to us.

He can build all day long, but cannot be the recipient of a purchase or transfer of a completed pistol or semi-auto.

Possession is restricted to the areas defined in the bill.


Well, he hasn't logged in since the day he signed up and posted this, so, there's a chance...

We've had a lot of new posters suddenly asking about gun laws...tread lightly...
Post a reply