Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:59 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 online purchase of ammo 

Is it legal for me to purchase ammo from an online dealer and have it shipped to my home address? The dealer is in another state.

Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

otheym wrote:
Is it legal for me to purchase ammo from an online dealer and have it shipped to my home address? The dealer is in another state.

Yes legal. If you are and have been a law abiding citizen.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

otheym wrote:

Ordering online or buying from/through Paris (Col_Temp) are the only ways I buy nowadays.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Totally legal.

So for background... I’m reaching but I will take certain liberties on where this question may be coming from.

Other states may require limitation to buying ammo for their residents and may include caliber and/or quantity limitations and also by who (meaning it has to be checked via dealer) and I’m sure there are other things as well.

Washington State does not.
We do not have limitation except for age when buying from a gun store on “pistol caliber” Ammo to those under 21. Blah blah blah.

We can order all the Ammo we desire and afford and have it mailed directly to our home. Totally legal for now.

It was pretty good too a few years back as you could avoid the tax part and shipping if you found the right Ammo website.

Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

oldkim wrote:
It was pretty good too a few years back as you could avoid the tax part and shipping if you found the right Ammo website.

Still can, depending on the vendor.

zombie66 wrote:

Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Been buying Bulk from AIM Surplus for almost 8 years now and the hardest part is paying for the shipping. But it's okay, You 've got to pay to play. You have to keep your Drivers License on file with them.( Send it via PDF.)

Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by tydawg on Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:56 am

All my ammo purchases for years were online with no problems. Home delivered. No questions asked. WA shipping address and legal age(?) I think is all you need.

FWIW: With the run on everything ammo related a great site I use to find who sell what and at what price right now - https://ammoseek.com/ Highly recommend - worked for me to find good deals for ammo when every major online supplier sits "out of stock"...

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SurfPerch wrote:
All my ammo purchases for years were online with no problems. Home delivered. No questions asked. WA shipping address and legal age(?) I think is all you need.

FWIW: With the run on everything ammo related a great site I use to find who sell what and at what price right now - https://ammoseek.com/ Highly recommend - worked for me to find good deals for ammo when every major online supplier sits "out of stock"...

Ammoseek has been my go to for a long time now, that's a great source for current pricing and deals. :thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

tydawg wrote:
I’ll add I’ve only been asked one time for a copy of my DL. Told em to cancel my order, if they are worried about underage people buying 30-30 Ammo they need help.

I've seen that disclaimer on almost every website I frequent for ammo, but have only been required to actually submit my ID once, and that was for some 37mm bird bombs.

zombie66 wrote:

Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]