Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 NY Supreme Court green lights gun owner doxing 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, this is going to pave the way for doxing of gun owners in NY. Coming to a jurisdiction near you!
The release of gun owner information to the public is obviously cause for alarm. Targeted robberies and harassment, job loss due to leftist employer anti-gun sentiment, etc. are an obvious concern.

Judge Orders Police to Hand Over Private Information About Gun Owners
Beth Baumann Posted: Jul 27, 2020 6:35 PM

"The New York State Supreme Court last week granted a motion ordering the New York City Police Department (NYPD) to turn over the name, zip codes and license category of anyone who was granted a firearm license in 2018.

The New York Daily News made the request under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request process, which provides public information from government agencies to citizens and journalists."

Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How about we get the names of those seeking the info and dox them? Add to it the judges who allowed this.

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:46 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There’s no need. When you send a FOIA request, the request itself becomes public record.

Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The NYT sent in a request, presumably with a goal of just broadly publishing it.

I think something like this happened in a different state a decade ago, maybe Colorado? A newspaper obtained a gun owners or carry permit holders and published it. I don't recall the state...

Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
The NYT sent in a request, presumably with a goal of just broadly publishing it.

I think something like this happened in a different state a decade ago, maybe Colorado? A newspaper obtained a gun owners or carry permit holders and published it. I don't recall the state...

And they got what they deserve https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ed/320128/

Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
"The New York State Supreme Court last week granted a motion ordering the New York City Police Department (NYPD) to turn over the name, zip codes and license category of anyone who was granted a firearm license in 2018.
...."

that's got to be the shortist list of that type in the CONUS.

Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]