Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 New omnibus bill including gun control 

My fellow 2nd amendment advocates,

Let's not forget the real reason for these acts, to scare everyone into thinking the police will kick down your door if you get denied (false positive or not). thus, causing less people to purchase guns. The deputation of "local" law enforcement into the AFT is to have "loyalist" to the anti-gunners be able to legally do the feds bidding (this was mostly to be able to go after gun owners in sanctuary cities where law enforcement would face penalties for helping the fed quash and dump on your second amendment rights). If anyone here knows history; the Germans did something like this with their law enforcement agencies and we all know what that developed into. My friends, I am afraid we are seeing the beginning of our own Gestapo in this country (now just no longer hiding in the shadows) ...

My profile on Northwest firearms forum
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/members/robma.65568/

Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.gunowners.org/na03112022/

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safetyā€¯

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:01 am

Thank you for posting this link, and apparently Biden is going to sign in into law today. Welcome to the new Germany 2022

Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RobMa wrote:
My fellow 2nd amendment advocates,

Let's not forget the real reason for these acts, to scare everyone into thinking the police will kick down your door if you get denied (false positive or not). thus, causing less people to purchase guns. The deputation of "local" law enforcement into the AFT is to have "loyalist" to the anti-gunners be able to legally do the feds bidding (this was mostly to be able to go after gun owners in sanctuary cities where law enforcement would face penalties for helping the fed quash and dump on your second amendment rights). If anyone here knows history; the Germans did something like this with their law enforcement agencies and we all know what that developed into. My friends, I am afraid we are seeing the beginning of our own Gestapo in this country (now just no longer hiding in the shadows) ...

More like KGB/STASI instead of Gestapo, the people who are for this are Communists in nature, they're not Ultra-Nationalists, RobMa.

"When a government becomes powerful it is destructive, extravagant and violent; it is an usurer which takes bread from innocent mouths and deprives honorable men of their substance, for votes with which to perpetuate itself."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

SAF, GOA Member

Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:32 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maybe I'm odd man out here, but I thought we have always demanded that the .gov enforce existing laws on the books? Lying on a 4473 is an existing crime. A person who isn't allowed to own firearms, trying to buy firearms is an existing crime. Getting LE to investigate and prosecute those crimes is.... well.. what we expect from LEAs?

Here is how I see this playing out in the LE world.
1) Legal dude buys a gun, gets rejected - That's rare, but okay. LE is notified and they do their own BGC, because the heart of the issue is NICS can be wonky. Good guy comes up clean, case closed.. Where it goes from there, who knows.

2) Bad guy buys a gun, gets rejected. LE is notified and they go and get the bad guy.. Law enforced!

3) If there is that many false positive in the system that people say, then this SHOULD expose the greater reliability issue with NICS that we have known all along. Maybe make them overhaul the system...

Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:58 am
Profile WWW

-------------------------

silvermane_1

1. The current admin is already trying to turn all the citizenry into "Stasi" with the red flag laws that are constantly worsened with new more draconian provisions "in regard to the people becoming willful Stasi".
2. You are splitting hairs; we all know what I am talking about, the excuses the feds are making up/using to take our 2nd amendment rights away and vilifying firearm owners.

Massivedesign

Yes, I agree bad guys should be put away, period...
But you cannot believe that these new laws will not be abused when it suits a particular administrations need.
And I personally do not ascribe to the "guilty until you prove yourself innocent" doctrine, it flies in the face of the very nature of our constitution; but yet its here and applauded but the fascist wannabe left and their cronies.

Read between the lines my friends.

Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]