Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:55 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 I-594 and CPL holders 

mislabeled wrote:
victoriassecret wrote:
ANZAC wrote:
victoriassecret wrote:
Thanks guys. I even asked a Kitsap County Sheriff's deputy about this and he said he assumed a CPL was sufficient. Pretty funny that LE can't even comprehend the BS of the law

Cops are always most familiar with the laws they encounter most (laws that have been around for a while with frequent offenders). I'm always pointing stuff out our deputies don't know, especially about guns.

True, the only laws he seemed familiar with were firearm discharge ordinances and OC/CC. I was on a ridealong with him, so we really got to talkin'.

Some LEOs have gone on record as saying 594 is such a low priority as to be nearly non-existent. Maybe some of them see a CPL as more meaningful than a law that is being basically ignored.

I sort of got that impression from him. IIRC, our elected sheriff spoke out against I-594 when it was on the ballot. We have a different sheriff now, don't know how he feels about it. I have sort of low-key quizzed LEOs from many different departments on laws like that, and it appears they all have about the same amount of knowledge as that deputy I mentioned earlier.

Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

victoriassecret wrote:
Thanks guys. I even asked a Kitsap County Sheriff's deputy about this and he said he assumed a CPL was sufficient. Pretty funny that LE can't even comprehend the BS of the law

:thumbsup2:

its just a liberal feel good b/s

Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
Benja455 wrote:
ANZAC wrote:
Pablo wrote:
[quote="ANZAC"]

No, there's no exemption for CPL holders for private sales.

And that my friends was very much on purpose.

You're assuming way too much.

Au contraire mon frere...he assumes nothing - the intentions of 594's authors/financial backers were quite clear.

Actually I quizzed the "authors" on a variety of points (things that could have been better) and was told to GTFO because they had "top men" working on it. There were many things they clearly did NOT understand.[/quote]

You've said this many, many times...

So I'll say this for the first time: "It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair

...with that said, Nick Hanauer is very clear with his aims. He sees conflict on the horizon and aims to disarm the masses before they come at him (and his fellow billionaires) with their "pitchforks."

Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shonmow wrote:
Since initiative 594 was enacted a background check is required on all sale of firearms be it private or from a dealer.
There are a lot of gun stores throughout the Puget Sound, and Washington that will facilitate the paperwork for a fee usually around $40
I Hope this helps

Boycott anyone or any store who charges more than $25. Screw them. There are places who will charge $25 or less.
Sound loan and pawn in Everett for one charges $15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:08 pm

Mr. Q wrote:
Shonmow wrote:
Since initiative 594 was enacted a background check is required on all sale of firearms be it private or from a dealer.
There are a lot of gun stores throughout the Puget Sound, and Washington that will facilitate the paperwork for a fee usually around $40
I Hope this helps

Boycott anyone or any store who charges more than $25. Screw them. There are places who will charge $25 or less.

$20 is the going rate in Kitsap County. There's a dude somewhere around here who charges $125.

Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
Actually I quizzed the "authors" on a variety of points (things that could have been better) and was told to GTFO because they had "top men" working on it. There were many things they clearly did NOT understand.

They may had transposed their words. Perhaps they meant they had "men on top"..."working"

Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:
...with that said, Nick Hanauer is very clear with his aims. He sees conflict on the horizon and aims to disarm the masses before they come at him (and his fellow billionaires) with their "pitchforks."

Hanauer has people for details, he isn't interested in them.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
Benja455 wrote:

Au contraire mon frere...he assumes nothing - the intentions of 594's authors/financial backers were quite clear.

Actually I quizzed the "authors" on a variety of points (things that could have been better) and was told to GTFO because they had "top men" working on it. There were many things they clearly did NOT understand.

Well, thank fucking God that your busy little bureaucratic head computer was not part of the 594 top men team.

Otherwise, it is possible that all we could transfer would be rubber band guns - if we had CPL's, and notes from our mommies.

Now that you are a citizen, and qualified to run for public office, I hope you win the lottery instead, so we are all saved from the inevitable.

Aussie Big Brother would probably have us all incarcerated for our sins, subsisting on a diet of tea, burnt toast, Marmite, and boiled sheep.

And, if you don't think this is some funny shit, please have a doctor check your sense of humor at your next annual check up !

Seriously, you have a mind like a steel trap - God help anyone or anything you don't like.

Compliments of the Rencorp.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
Benja455 wrote:

Hanauer has people for details, he isn't interested in them.

I'll just leave this here: https://www.ted.com/talks/nick_hanauer_ ... anguage=en

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So the head honchos don't know their minions despise gun owners. Mind frigging blown.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
So the head honchos don't know care that their minions despise gun owners. Mind frigging blown.

There ya go. Looks like you had a little typo in there. :wink05:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mislabeled wrote:
Pablo wrote:
So the head honchos don't know care that their minions despise gun owners. Mind frigging blown.

There ya go. Looks like you had a little typo in there. :wink05:

Thanks!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
Seriously, you have a mind like a steel trap - God help anyone or anything you don't like.

Truth.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:53 am

The NICS exemption never actually applied in WA at all because of our state law. Less than a week after the ATF said our permits would exempt us from NICS checks the state sent a letter out to ever dealer saying that the RCW required a NICS check regardless. I want to say that the ATF sent another newsletter or open letter saying that oops, nevermind since state law is more restrictive, but I am not seeing it so I could be making that up in my head.

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:25 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Jeff at Sound Loans quoted me:
15.00 long guns / 25.00 hand guns for 594 transfers.

Mr. Q wrote:

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2