Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Shooting on my property 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got a wild hair after watching some YouTube videos involving wax loads and revolvers. In conclusion to my research for Thurston county, it appears “legal” to shoot wax loads in my back garage and in my yard as they only have primers. Primers are pretty much not “gunpowder”. Since the code is written directly around the use of gunpowder, shooting wax is legal. I live in a pink area on the map. What do you think, legal or no? On an important side note—According to how I read this, it’s a misdemeanor to discharge a firearm where I live, no exceptions, even in self defense. It will result in you losing your firearm for good, up to $100 fine and possible 30 days jail. It is NOT legal to shoot in self defense!? Am I reading this wrong..? For now there will be no target plinking on my property, not going though that possible headache.

https://library.municode.com/wa/thursto ... H10.04DIFI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hmm, that might violate the wash state law about ccw/etc.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:47 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

The self defense in TC Code is in relation to animals. You can't shoot animals in self defense. But, that has never been used in a case of real self defense (animal or otherwise).

As far as your primer question goes, that will be between you, the LEA and any zealous prosecuting attorney you may have assigned to your case. If it was me, and I just needed to test a gun after cleaning etc, I'd desk pop a primer in my garage. No need to go outside and make noise, just to make noise.

I'm in Zone 2, so I can shoot Shotty and Pistol, no rifle. I do shoot suppressed on my property on occasion.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]