Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:47 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Oregon 1 step closer to total AWB ban and registration 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just saw this, didn't see anyone posting it here.

Oregon now has a ballot initiative finalized for the total ban of AWBs making them and hi-cap mags illegal and felony possession of same. A cursory review appears to offer few options - register, surrender, destroy, or remove from the state.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018052 ... -finalized
http://oregonvotes.org/irr/2018/043text.pdf

Pretty horrible. And the locusts diseased garbage is right at our doorstep, and our WA residents harbor the same nonsense political views as CA and OR...

Folks this is getting real... the fight is literally right here.

I cannot understand or wrap my brain around how this passes any Constitutional scrutiny at the state or federal levels. It's a clear violation of the citizen's state and federal gun rights, and property rights (illegal takings clause).

Oregon Constitution, Art 1, Sec. 27
Right to bear arms; military subordinate to civil power.
"The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defence [sic] of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power[.]"

Also, this directly effects you if you travel to Oregon. If you're caught with an AWB gun or even magazine, that's a FELONY, from my quick review. I'm not an expert on this so that's not legal advice, just raising the alarm of concern for this initiate and Oregon voters.

Sat May 26, 2018 7:20 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

leadcounsel wrote:
I cannot understand or wrap my brain around how this passes any Constitutional scrutiny at the state or federal levels. It's a clear violation of the citizen's state and federal gun rights, and property rights (illegal takings clause).

Oregon Constitution, Art 1, Sec. 27
Right to bear arms; military subordinate to civil power.
"The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defence [sic] of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power[.]"

Same, but I harbor the same sense of amazement for 1934's NFA and 1968's GCA. And more, but how the two national infringements can stand for one day just blows my mind.

Why? HOW?!

Mon May 28, 2018 5:11 pm

From my observations:

There are two things here that aid in the continual and increasing infringement of our rights.

One: A VERY vocal and VERY well publicized MINORITY, highly placed, who run and command the media. These people do all they can so ensure that only the BAD news about firearms and their use gets out--and that any positive use is either not broadcast at all or minimized if it's too big to keep under wraps.

Two: Division and complacency.

How many times have we heard people who have the same interests and mindset that we do say, "My vote doesn't count", or even worse, "I'm voting for (insert third party candidate here)."

Not only that, but considering that a lot of us still STAY AT HOME on voting day. Some don't even MAIL in their ballots.

Folks, we can STILL reassert our rights and win the battle. But--it takes a concerted effort.

Look at the steps some liberal politicians are taking to wrangle future votes--floating the idea of 16 year olds voting, instant restoration of the rights of convicted felons, making it easier for illegal immigrants to have State issued ID, and thus being easier to register to vote.

IIRC, in the last Presidential election, there were something around 90 million votes cast. According to our last Census, we now have close to--or over--300 MILLION citizens of the United States.

We still can win, people.

When election time comes around, VOTE. Let's do everything we can to get Conservative candidates nominated, and when they are, VOTE. We have the means to effect changes in the way things are. Heck...if we were to get organized, GCA 68, NFA 1934 and any OTHER law restricting the lawful ownership and use of firearms could be history pretty durned fast! WE need to go on the offensive with our VOTE, and we need to do it ASAP!

Tue May 29, 2018 1:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]