Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:55 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Concealed carry on public transit 

Are there any laws against concealed carry on public transport specifically Sound Transit light rail, bus and street cars?

Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No, except you need a CPL -- not only because it sounds like you'll be carrying concealed, but also because you'll have a (I assume) loaded handgun in a moving vehicle. It's hella geh, but that's what it is at the moment.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any mode of transport basically whether OC, or CC. CPL required. Bus, Car, MC, trolley, Ferry.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Concealed carry is mandatory on public transit. They should just give you a pistol,when you get on board.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:47 pm

If you need to transport an AR variant of any kind, a guitar gig bag works great!! :wink05:

Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A bit of clarification as folks are from different states and may confuse handgun and/or rifle conditions.

All public transport to include Ferries (except to Canada) with a CPL or a license permit that Washington State recognizes is lawful. To carry a loaded concealed pistol with CPL ( concealed pistol license) is lawful. Good to go.

One may not have a loaded long gun (aka Rifle or Shotgun) even with CPL in a vehicle or public transport.

Open carry is lawful or should I say it’s not against the law - granted you are lawfully the owner and are able to have a firearm. But one may not conceal a hundgun without a CPL or equivalent recognized by Washington State (see WA Attorney General).

Some states have a CWP - or one that covers firearms or other weapons (knives etc). Washington only is for loaded Pistol (aka Handgun).

Now if you Do Not have a CPL or fall into the non resident equivalent permit to allow you to carry loaded concealed a handgun in Washington and you just want carry your unloaded gun concealed... for self protection. Then you are falling into an intent to carry a firearm that is putting yourself at jeopardy. Depending on the jurisdiction and reason they discover said unloaded firearm on your person may dictate several city/county prosecutors to make you an example.

It’s clear one can legally transport an unloaded firearm to go shooting range etc. but not to just carry it around without a CPL.

Make life simple - Washington is straight forward for law abiding citizens to get a CPL. Unlike other states.

Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]