Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:33 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Import Laws? 

I've been digging around a bit but haven't found anything definitive and was hoping for an opinion or two. I understand that members here are not lawyers - I am more seeking council and opinions than anything else.

I was looking to buy a de-milled AKS-74U kit from rusweapons.com and had some feelings of unease when I found out the kit was coming straight from, none other than, Izhevsk.

These kits are supposedly (waiting for clarification) being sold with a de-milled barrel, bolt and receiver and without a magazine.

Is importation of this kit acceptable from legal standpoint?

Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:28 am

Following some research on the AK forms, many people have successfully and legal purchased these kits.

Please disregard, thank you.

Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

LoveThySpatula wrote:
Following some research on the AK forms, many people have successfully and legal purchased these kits.

Without proper forms it is a no-no, but the most i hear of is customs sometimes destroy or seizes stuff. Personally i wont risk it but i can see a russian krink being worth the gamble. Good luck!

Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:24 pm

shaggy wrote:
LoveThySpatula wrote:

Without proper forms it is a no-no, but the most i hear of is customs sometimes destroy or seizes stuff. Personally i wont risk it but i can see a russian krink being worth the gamble. Good luck!

Yeah, pulled the plug on that when I checked the ATF website. Straight up says de-milled machine gun kits manufactured in the former Soviet States or Russia cannot be imported.

Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]