Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:45 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 First Circuit Court Rules Against the Right to Keep and Bear 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNXqQVxgPSk

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How about a NEW SC ruling..............in my dreams, I suppose

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
How about a NEW SC ruling..............in my dreams, I suppose

That's what I've been thinking.

I wonder what SC the ruling would be right now?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Scalia is correct in that rights can be attenuated. What should be noted expressly or implicitly is that the attenuation should be for extremely good cause. We can agree that someone who is arrested can be disarmed, or that a prisoner shouldn't have a gun, so he's surrendered his rights. Witnesses or members in a court room shouldn't be armed since tempers are subject to emotional flare-ups and violence is predictable. And so forth. Basically case-by-case situations and temporary disarmament under specific circumstances.

The terminology "shall not infringe" should be taken quite literally, with really just extreme exceptions for extreme circumstances, so obvious as to not need explanation.

What these modern activist courts are doing is wrongly using that attenuation language to ban entire groups of millions of law abiding citizens their general rights to general common arms under day-to-day circumstances. And that is flatly wrong and an illegal infringement.

Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
Scalia is correct in that rights can be attenuated. What should be noted expressly or implicitly is that the attenuation should be for extremely good cause. We can agree that someone who is arrested can be disarmed, or that a prisoner shouldn't have a gun, so he's surrendered his rights. Witnesses or members in a court room shouldn't be armed since tempers are subject to emotional flare-ups and violence is predictable. And so forth. Basically case-by-case situations and temporary disarmament under specific circumstances.

The terminology "shall not infringe" should be taken quite literally, with really just extreme exceptions for extreme circumstances, so obvious as to not need explanation.

What these modern activist courts are doing is wrongly using that attenuation language to ban entire groups of millions of law abiding citizens their general rights to general common arms under day-to-day circumstances. And that is flatly wrong and an illegal infringement.

Great point.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There's a handful of cases and situations which are ripe for appeal to the SCOTUS that hopefully are combined into a overall AWB type case, with "safe storage - already struck down in DC" and other stupid laws all piled into a SCOTUS case.

I'd prefer waiting about a year or until 1 more Constitutional judge is on the Court. Then stomp all that garbage down on a national level.

Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]