Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 House Bill 1068 - Magazine Law Proposed. filed on 24DEC2018 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And so it begins, the usual parade of anti-gun laws in this coming session.

http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/ ... z6x843R6C4

Apparently the Attorney General requested this action. Admittedly its only going into committee from here.... (I think)

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Exactly. FUCK THEM> on Christmas eve, no less. Assholes.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:15 am

God fucking dammit

Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How can they even do that on Christmas Eve?? Dirty, rotten low down Weasels... :frust: :angryfire:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I keep thinking that eventually these unconstitutional restrictions will hit too close to home with LE officers - you know, the people tasked with enforcing these laws (people who also tend to own the items in question for personal use) - and that there will be mass-non-compliance on their end as well. Is that wishful thinking?

Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:49 pm

Its time to quit playing defense and start playing offense and come up with our own laws . Like mandatory gun ownership . And let them spend there money on defense

Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
I keep thinking that eventually these unconstitutional restrictions will hit too close to home with LE officers - you know, the people tasked with enforcing these laws (people who also tend to own the items in question for personal use) - and that there will be mass-non-compliance on their end as well. Is that wishful thinking?

They are exempt, see the bill.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The AG is a lawyer. Lawyers are supposed to follow state and federal law. They are not supposed to conspire or advocate to undermine it. The WA constitution and the US Constitution plainly state that gun rights shall not be impaired or infringed. The AG is also supposed to uphold the law, not undermine it.

Imagine if the AG were advocating to prevent blacks from eating at public restaurants, or Chinese people from voting, or gays from marrying... this is a continuing outrage against gun owners.

If you REALLY want to get off your *** and do something, consider filing a complaint against this lawyer.
If you wish to file a complaint against the AG and his law license for advocating the violation of state and federal civil rights, here is the simple and free procedure. It will take you 15 minutes.

https://www.wsba.org/for-the-public/con ... t-a-lawyer

Last edited by leadcounsel on Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:

The way I read it, they are only exempt "while acting within the scope of his or her duties". If that is an accurate reading, then they would NOT be exempt when they are off-duty. And that's what I'm getting at...when are the vast majority of officers going to stand up and say that this is wrong and they won't be a party to it?

Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:

The way I read it, they are only exempt "while acting within the scope of his or her duties". If that is an accurate reading, then they would NOT be exempt when they are off-duty. And that's what I'm getting at...when are the vast majority of officers going to stand up and say that this is wrong and they won't be a party to it?

Yeah, the verbiage is tricky. Like the part about the Grandfathered Mags. It would seem they are fine to use at a Licensed Gun range, but what about DNR Land?

"(3) In order to continue to possess a large capacity magazine
14 that was legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the
15 person possessing the large capacity magazine shall possess the large
16 capacity magazine only on property owned or immediately controlled by
17 the person, or while engaged in the legal use of the large capacity
18 magazine at a duly licensed firing range, or while engaged in a
19 lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, or while
20 traveling to or from either of these locations for the purpose of
21 engaging in the legal use of the large capacity magazine, provided
22 that the large capacity magazine is stored unloaded and in a separate
locked container during transport."

This part especially catches my eye...who gets to decide that? Oh, that would be the LEO and Judge.

"lawful outdoor recreational activity such as Hunting"

"Yes Officer, i am hunting Rodents in the woods and that's why i have an AR and high Cap Mag....Seen any?"

Just reading all of that Shit gives me a Headache. :frust:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
The AG is a lawyer. Lawyers are supposed to follow state and federal law. They are not supposed to conspire or advocate to undermine it. The WA constitution and the US Constitution plainly state that gun rights shall not be abridged or infringed.

Imagine if the AG were advocating to prevent blacks from eating at public restaurants, or Chinese people from voting, or gays from marrying... this is a continuing outrage against gun owners.

If you REALLY want to get off your *** and do something, consider filing a complaint against this lawyer.
If you wish to file a complaint against the AG and his law license for advocating the violation of state and federal civil rights, here is the simple and free procedure. It will take you 15 minutes.

That would be kind of like representing yourself in Court, it won't end well for the the little guy. What we need is an Attorney to do this, maybe as a Class action representing the people of the State?

I will look into filing that complaint, but i know i will get stepped on as a Citizen for doing it. Probably just get scoffed at by the AG and the State.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’m sure the NRA will jump in and save us. Shitlickers.

Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
The AG is a lawyer. Lawyers are supposed to follow state and federal law. They are not supposed to conspire or advocate to undermine it. The WA constitution and the US Constitution plainly state that gun rights shall not be abridged or infringed.

I like it!

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:26 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Target shooting is a lawful outdoor recreational activity.

But fuck this. We're facing the endgame right here in Washington state.

Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next