Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Glock frame work question? 

Howdy pros, I picked up my Gen 3 G21 not the SF model recently. Its been years and lots of weight loss later my hands dont have the meat it used to. I would like to thin out the grip and place where the webing of the hand goes. Im guessing its the bottom of the beaver tail. I took off the finger grooves with a flat file and can probably do the same to the flat sides but the roundness of the back of the grip I may need to use sand paper. Any thoughts or suggestions? If you more specific Id like to get it close to the same thickness/thinner grip of the Polymer 80 frames. I may just buy the one PF45 but since I have the G21 might see if I can slim it down. Thanks y'all.

Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Disassemble the frame and look inside at the area you're wanting to remove material from - you'll see there isn't really any room to remove much more than just the texture. The SF frame and gen 4 frames use a different ejector housing to make room for the shorter front to back distance at the web of your hand compared to the gen 2 and 3. Best of luck; honestly your best move is to sell it and buy an SF or gen 4 that fits your hand.

About the only area you can really remove material or change the grip shape significantly is below the ejector housing pin in the backstrap; that area is hollow and can be modified.

Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:28 pm

Yondering wrote:
Disassemble the frame and look inside at the area you're wanting to remove material from - you'll see there isn't really any room to remove much more than just the texture. The SF frame and gen 4 frames use a different ejector housing to make room for the shorter front to back distance at the web of your hand compared to the gen 2 and 3. Best of luck; honestly your best move is to sell it and buy an SF or gen 4 that fits your hand.

About the only area you can really remove material or change the grip shape significantly is below the ejector housing pin in the backstrap; that area is hollow and can be modified.

I second what he said. The finger grooves are easy. Smoothing the sides is about all you can do.
Some people have filled in the hole and reshaped it, but I don't think there's any way to guarantee that the filler material will hold for sure over long term use.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:01 pm

Some shops around here might be able to help out. I know Jody at Rehv Arms stands by his work.
I have also heard good things about Cold Bore Customs. Google them, and check out what they offer. On the "images" page they show a G21 with some frame work done to it.

You could try a 21SF frame, but then you'd need to deal with the "1639 extra bullshit"....unless I am mistaken.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]