Switch to full style
How to's, DIY's and helpful hints and tricks. Ask any questions you may have too.
Post a reply

Re: 6.5 Carcano

Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:21 pm

Your story reminds me of some asshole who got powder in the chamber, and then the case wouldn't extract:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2631

Any chance your bullet came loose, powder came out and the same thing happened . . . ?

6.5 Carcano

Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:48 pm

MadPick wrote:Your story reminds me of some asshole who got powder in the chamber, and then the case wouldn't extract:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2631

Any chance your bullet came loose, powder came out and the same thing happened . . . ?

That’s a pretty funny story right there. Glad you didn’t blow yourself up. I’m pretty sure whatever is gunking up the chamber has been there for at least a decade. This was the very first round I’ve ever fired from that gun. The bullet was loose enough to turn but not enough to just pull it out. It was properly seated in the cannelure but it definitely could have been jammed in too far though if it chambered at too steep of an angle.

Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:52 pm

Thomas, I have a bag of maybe 250 .266 Carcano bullets that I bought from Grafs years ago. I thought they would load in a 6.5 Swede, but was mistaken. If you PM your address, I'll send them to you. I think they'll fit in a small flat rate box.

Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:48 pm

cruffler wrote:Thomas, I have a bag of maybe 250 .266 Carcano bullets that I bought from Grafs years ago. I thought they would load in a 6.5 Swede, but was mistaken. If you PM your address, I'll send them to you. I think they'll fit in a small flat rate box.

That’s very generous of you. I’d appreciate that very much.

Wed May 22, 2019 2:47 am

I think this thread is telling......something not OK with gun.

Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:28 am

if you lived closer to kent i would hook up and compare my little sporter carcano and see if it acted the same with your ammo.
Mine is a nice little butchered rifle, but its a closet (safe) queen since ammo is scarce.
Post a reply