Thu May 24, 2012 3:17 pm
Starting immediately, there are a couple of changes to the way users can manage their classified ads.
1) The original poster is now allowed to lock his/her/their threads on their own. To do this please read the following:
How to close your threadTo have your Classified Ad removed, please do the following:
1) On your original post, click the button on the top right of your post.
2) Scroll down to below the typing area and check the box that says "Lock Topic"
3) Click Submit. Your thread is now locked.
4) A member of The Team will see your locked ad and remove it. In the case it gets overlooked, the board software will automatically remove any classifieds thread that has not been active in 30 days.
If you have a deal fall through, or need to "unlock" a thread for some reason, just PM one of The Team members and we will unlock your thread for you.
This will remove the "change title to delete and bump your ad" technique that has been used in the past.
For non-classifieds areas, the "change title to delete and bump your ad" will still be acceptable, since there are very few of those that happen.Please note that discussion and question topics shouldn't be removed. They can serve as a great tool for somebody else who may have a similar question or comment in the future. Once your question gets answered, please leave it be as it may be helpful to others down the road.
As users and members of this community, we hope that this feature will help you manage your ads better. If you have any issues, questions or concerns, please post them up here, or feel free to contact any of us. We may modify / refine this process along the way, as you guys use it and we see how it plays out.
Dan - massivedesign
Steve - MadPick