Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:45 pm

Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms McCallen Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 FFL Internet Sales Transfer Information (Fees & Policies) 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Below is a list of prices I have found for Internet-Sales FFL Transfer fees.

If you are looking for prices for Face-to-Face transactions, Private Party, then you are looking for this thread.

Reference: Washington Department of Revenue information on taxes

Seattle
  • Sound Loan - $15 rifle - $25 handgun
  • Pacific Armament Company (Marysville), (425) 287-2143 - $25 handgun, $15 long gun, $5 for credentialed LE / First Responders / MIL with valid CAC card (active/reserve/guard)
  • Mill Creek Firearms (Mill Creek), millcreekfirearms@gmail.com - $40 ($30 for LE)
  • Black Adder Arms (Mill Creek) - Receiver/Rifle $15, Handgun w/CPL $15, Handgun w/o CPL $20
  • Precise Shooter (Lynnwood) - $25
  • Savage Gun Coating (Kenmore) - $30 long gun - $35 handgun
  • I5 Guns & Ammo (Olympia), (360) 515-0755 - $30 announced FFL Transfers, $20 fee for unannounced transfers, $50 for Outbound California Transfers, $100 for NFA items http://www.i5guns.com/ffl-transfers.html
  • The Marksman (Puyallup) - $50/$100
  • Precision Boom Sticks (Spanaway) - $25
  • Brads Guns (Lake Tapps) - $25
  • XT Armory (Renton) 425-988-3210 - $25
  • Cardinal Northwest (Algona), https://cardinalguns.com, $30 per shotgun, rifle, or receiver; $38 handgun
  • Fesselman Firearms (Tenino), (360) 524-2039 - $25
    More Info: show
    http://www.fesselmenfirearms.com. Sales tax of 7.9% based on total invoice price. MUST contact me prior to transfer or additional 25.00 may be added. $25 for long guns and handguns, up to 3 - cash preferred, if credit card then 3% fee applies to total invoice.
  • South Ridge Arms (Kent), (253) 872-0444 - $35, $20 for each additional
  • Washington Military Depot in Spanaway is $20.
  • Based Pepe, (844) 737-3486, info@basedpepe.com, $15/firearm, $10 for Military/Law/Corrections/Fire/EMS
  • South Sound Guns in Lacey, (360) 972-2955, No charge for firearm transfers, NFA transfer $40
  • Pinto's Guns (Renton), (425) 227-9280 - $40
  • Don's Estate Jewelry & Coin (Federal Way), (253) 517-5441 - $25 long guns, $30 handguns
  • NW Adventures Center - On the Base - $30 long guns & handguns
  • McCallen Defense ‭(253) 872-0444 18801 E VALLEY HWY, KENT WA, 98032. $25
  • Rory RFFIREARMS@YAHOO.COM 3270 B st. NW #A Auburn, WA 98001, $30 Handguns, $20 Long guns and receivers
  • Black Hammer Arms (Tacoma) - $20, see details at link. No transfers of semi-auto rifles that require a fee to the state per I-1639.
  • East County Guns (Elma and Centralia) - $25
  • Green Monstah Firearms (Edgewood) - $30 per gun, For LEO / Military / Seniors: $15 for the first TWO guns

Last edited by snozzberries on Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:52 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:48 am

redacted due to changed pricing

Last edited by rstrobel on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:03 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good thread. Kudos to you, snozzberries, for putting it together. I see that you're updating the OP as you collect info. thumbsup

I'll sticky this thread. I'll also go add a reference and a link to this thread in the "private party transfer" thread.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

West coast is $25

Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I called the Marksman in Puyallup. I think they charge $50 or $100. It was such a stupid amount that I simply said, "Good luck with that" and hung up. That's gouging. It's 5 minutes of work, a piece or two of paperwork, and an entry into a ledger by an employee making $15 an hour.

Anyway, in Spanaway I use Precision Boom Sticks - $25.

Lake Tapps/Bonney Lake I use Brads Guns. I think it's $25.

Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
I called the Marksman in Puyallup. I think they charge $50 or $100. It was such a stupid amount that I simply said, "Good luck with that" and hung up. That's gouging. It's 5 minutes of work, a piece or two of paperwork, and an entry into a ledger by an employee making $15 an hour.

Anyway, in Spanaway I use Precision Boom Sticks - $25.

Lake Tapps/Bonney Lake I use Brads Guns. I think it's $25.

I'm not going to say it's hard, but taking in a transfer can be more of a headache than it's worth. What you see isn't the end of the amount of work that goes into a transfer.

The marksman is trying to discourage anyone to do transfers at their store, that's their choice to lose that transaction, but it isn't "gouging". All the things you list can be a real strain on your active sales team and accounting when audits occur. To them, the juice isn't worth the squeeze. There's too many things to lose for $25-$30.

For instance, unreasonable customers will get upset that they get delayed, or that the gun that is now in the FFL's log book cannot be sold to them because they didn't pass the NICS check. If the buyer is denied, then the FFL has to work with the pissed off customer who can't be given the gun they already paid for. So it's a lose lose for them.

Or how about the fact they have to store and organize inventory that is theirs but not really theirs. They have to put this aside in a special area. which is fine if it's just one gun, but imagine a store processing 20 transfers a day, storage space and organization is one of the major dilemmas a retail store has to deal with and the customer never does.

On top of it all, these 4473's have stored for a certain number of years, these things can't just be shredded and they pile up if you're a good store with lots of sales. A pistol sale has to be registered and reported with the state and CLEOs (all done after you leave the store).

5 minutes of paper work took 35 minutes to completely process from NICS at Precise Shooter yesterday. That was 35 minutes of back and forth checking with NICS about the status while I and the seller had to sit on our thumbs patiently in a busy store.

The standard markup for a store is 15-24% depending on the item. On an item like a $500 glock, they make $100 or so. On the same transfer of a glock, they'll have to do actually more work, for less money.

Last edited by crosse on Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:09 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Agreed, it can be a lot of work. The upside is traffic in the store . . . and people browsing and (hopefully) buying while they're there.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

crosse wrote:
West coast is $25

No thats for face-to-face. This is about Internet Sales.

Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:
crosse wrote:
West coast is $25

No thats for face-to-face. This is about Internet Sales.

:thumbsup2:

Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For what it's worth WCA didn't charge my father in law the 10% on a revolver they sell. He found it online at a super low price which WCA couldn't match. They only charged him the $50 transfer fee.

Also for items which they do stock, they will try to price match online (+ their $50 fee). I got a sweet deal on a rifle from them that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For South Thurston Co. folks-

I want to give a shout out to Troy at Fesselmen Firearms. He has been good to work with on a few internet transfers he's done for me. Near Tenino at Hwy 99 and Tilley Rd. Reasonable transfer fees and pretty flexible to work with about pickup times and such. His shop is at his private residence. He's really quick about getting his license info sent to the seller and facilitates a smooth transaction. He has a presence on this site.

thumbsup thumbsup

Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:21 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's awesome! One of these days I'll get the chance to use his services.

Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:14 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Federal Way Discount Guns charges $50 for handguns, not sure if it is the same for long guns

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:57 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

XT Armory does it for $25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:47 pm
FFL / Dealer

gscott wrote:
For South Thurston Co. folks-

I want to give a shout out to Troy at Fesselmen Firearms. He has been good to work with on a few internet transfers he's done for me. Near Tenino at Hwy 99 and Tilley Rd. Reasonable transfer fees and pretty flexible to work with about pickup times and such. His shop is at his private residence. He's really quick about getting his license info sent to the seller and facilitates a smooth transaction. He has a presence on this site.

thumbsup thumbsup

Thank you. I try to make things go smooth and quick. Also if your looking for new give me a chance in most cases I've found I can save a little $$$, especially if there are shipping fees

Fesselmen Firearms
19810 OLD HWY 99SW
Suite 6
Rochester, WA 98579
(360)858-7140
http://www.fesselmenfirearms.com

Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:22 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next