Switch to full style
FFLs, please contact an Admin to get a section here, for your use.
Post a reply

Transfer Forms Contact List

Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:54 pm

Howdy,

Does anyone have a handy contact list for submitting Pistol Transfer Forms?

I think that would make an excellent sticky for this forum.

Re: Transfer Forms Contact List

Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:10 pm

penutbuter wrote:Howdy,

Does anyone have a handy contact list for submitting Pistol Transfer Forms?

I think that would make an excellent sticky for this forum.

All transfers now have to be done at a dealer now, so they will file the Transfer Form.

Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:14 pm

Hello,

I am a dealer, relatively new, and I have only had to work with the pierce county system. As I understand different areas want the form delivered via different methods. I am hoping there was a common list of contacts for other counties/towns for when/if I need to send a form to someone other than southsound911.

Thanks,

Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:19 pm

penutbuter wrote:Hello,

I am a dealer, relatively new, and I have only had to work with the pierce county system. As I understand different areas want the form delivered via different methods. I am hoping there was a common list of contacts for other counties/towns for when/if I need to send a form to someone other than southsound911.

Thanks,

The updated Transfer Form says to send it to:
Department of Licensing, Firearms Section, PO Box 9649, Olympia, WA 98507-9649
http://www.dol.wa.gov/forms/652001.pdf

Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:30 pm

Yeah, but initially I have to send it to the LEO of the jurisdiction for the person receiving the firearm. In my case I have only had people who live in Tacoma so SS911 handles the initial investigation and they are convenient cause they have an email address. There are supposed to be other LEOs who want it faxed in.

Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:37 pm

Unfortunately, only King County has a list of all the cities with details on how/where to submit PTAS. Thurston County does "most" all cities, with a few exceptions. It's a scramble trying to figure out where to send, I usually start by asking "if you called 911, would the county or city respond " that gets you a starting place anyway. Just my two cents, as I'm still learning as well

Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:41 pm

you scan to SS911 and fax to their jurisdiction on all others
Post a reply