Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 NRA Carry Guard and USCCA Concealed Carry Insurance? 

I was recently advised that both the NRA Carry Guard and USCCA Insurance plans have been banned by executive order of the WA Insurance Commissioner.

Is this true? Is this constitutional?

VR, Don Jones
President, Marysville Rifle Club

Fri May 24, 2019 9:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.insurance.wa.gov/news/kreid ... nes-177000

Kreidler assumes that these policies insure criminals so it's now illegal. I've yet to find the actual measure that makes it illegal, but the article states that it has been made so and Kreidler has sued companies issuing such policies.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri May 24, 2019 9:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.insurance.wa.gov/sites/defa ... 9-0017.pdf

RCW 48.15.020
Solicitation by unauthorized insurer prohibited—Personal liability.
(1) An insurer that is not authorized by the commissioner may not solicit insurance business in this state or transact insurance business in this state, except as provided in this chapter.
(2)(a) A person may not, in this state, represent an unauthorized insurer except as provided in this chapter. This subsection does not apply to any adjuster or attorney-at-law representing an unauthorized insurer from time to time in this state in his or her professional capacity.
(b) A person, other than a duly licensed surplus line broker acting in good faith under his or her license, who makes a contract of insurance in this state, directly or indirectly, on behalf of an unauthorized insurer, without complying with the provisions of this chapter, is personally liable for the performance of such contract.
(3) Each violation of subsection (2) of this section constitutes a separate offense punishable by a fine of not more than twenty-five thousand dollars, and the commissioner, at the commissioner's discretion, may order replacement of policies improperly placed with an unauthorized insurer with policies issued by an authorized insurer. Violations may result in suspension or revocation of a license.

so his argument is:

He is the final arbiter of who is authorized to sell insurance and

He did not authorize Illinois Union insurance to do business in this state. I cannot see how the insurance is otherwise illegal. EXCEPT that it is illegal to offer insurance to cover ILLEGAL ACTIVITY.

Therefore there is an assumption that gun owners are criminals?

Illinois Union paid a settlement:

https://www.insurance.wa.gov/news/illin ... d-policies

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri May 24, 2019 10:08 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

They called him Crybaby Krydler back in the 90's when he had an antigun campaign and was running for reelection.
He had a TV ad where he held up an AR-15 and with tears in his eyes said something to the effect of "I carried one of these in combat and will not permit these assault weapons to be used to murder innocent citizens".
People saw through his bullshit and he was defeated.

Fri May 24, 2019 11:35 am

As I understand it, Kiddler is refusing to allow the citizens of WA to organize like the police unions have to provide legal representation following a leathal force police action have been allowed to do.

Fri May 24, 2019 4:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

USCCA dropped me due to this, I switched to the Armed CItizens Legal Defense Network: https://armedcitizensnetwork.org/

Tue May 28, 2019 1:38 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chopaka wrote:
I was recently advised that both the NRA Carry Guard and USCCA Insurance plans have been banned by executive order of the WA Insurance Commissioner.

Is this true? Is this constitutional?

VR, Don Jones
President, Marysville Rifle Club

You don't have to ban it if you credibly threaten to sue. So USCCA is no longer offering to WA state residents. Lots of folks with existing USCCA plans are fine.
NRA ran afoul of NY prosecutors for different legal/finsncial issues. But, hey, all the evilgunz are the same, so the insurance must be as well, is the State's attitude.

Tue May 28, 2019 1:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This feels like the dumbest thing ever.

Member:
2nd Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Firearms Policy Coalition
Silent Majority Foundation
NRA

Tue May 28, 2019 7:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]