Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:35 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 What are 'common sense gun laws?' 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

danoh wrote:
From a post of mine in another thread..............

This showed up in my FB Feed:

Prior to 1968, anyone could walk into a hardware store with cash and walk out with a gun, no questions asked. Yet massacres were exceedingly rare. So, instead of the “the easy availability of guns” being shrieked about, we need to ask ourselves: What has changed since then?

The question I always ask of my liberal friends is this, are we more liberal or more conservative than we were in 1968, in both society and fiscally? No one can argue that government isn’t bigger, or there aren’t more social programs or more regulations. Therefore the majority of the issues and problems that beset our country are because of liberalism.

:plusone: thumbsup
also "gun control" isn't about guns, it's about control, and " comon sense gun laws" are laws about keeping guns out of the hands of the common man.

"When a government becomes powerful it is destructive, extravagant and violent; it is an usurer which takes bread from innocent mouths and deprives honorable men of their substance, for votes with which to perpetuate itself."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

SAF, GOA Member

Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've got one. Stealing guns should be illegal. I believe the theft of guns should carry a higher penalty than theft of other items of similar value. This seems "common sense".

Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They can add another 10,000 laws and it won't change a thing... until they are enforced.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Common sense would mean there is no difference between a 14.5" rifle and a 16" rifle. That rate of fire is inconsequential. How loud the report means nothing.

Either you're allowed to own guns (any guns), or you're not. I also believe that if you've been disqualified from owning firearms, you should be disqualified from voting. Those two should never be untied.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ironworker78 wrote:
I've got one. Stealing guns should be illegal. I believe the theft of guns should carry a higher penalty than theft of other items of similar value. This seems "common sense".

Unfortunately that just confirms the anti gun folks idea that guns are not just tools. By making a gun crime more punishable than say a knife crime it gives them more ammo to push more legislation. Murder is murder, theft is theft, rape is rape. There should be no exceptions.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Throw back time. Fines for not having effective, servicable well maintained arms or gear when mustered for quarterly militia training. That's common sense gun control.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Death penalty for stealing and/or committing a crime with an NFA gun.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2