Switch to full style
Dave Workman is an author, senior editor of Gun Week, communications director for the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, award-winning outdoor writer, former member of the NRA Board of Directors.
Post a reply

Re: ALERT CPLs PLUMMETING...WHY????

Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:11 pm

CPLs and semi auto handguns are not under attack. Feelings are driving the ban on AR15’s and magazines. Doesn’t make it right, just a simple equation.

Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:26 pm

I would look at the year over year data. Seasonality may show up in the data

Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:33 pm

how about a good bunch of us moved out of state and have not renewed? No need to buy a Washington license when Utah covers me for a $15 renewal.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:23 am

Bill Starks wrote:how about a good bunch of us moved out of state and have not renewed? No need to buy a Washington license when Utah covers me for a $15 renewal.

This.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:28 am

went down to renew today, The nice lady at the DMPD said things aren't how they used to be. She showed me a list of Agencies and departments that they need to clear to renew. The DSHS has two people working on permits and short gun/pistol sales for the state. Forever I have paid for my permit and walked out the door with it. Not anymore.......sure glad I decided to renew early. Wonder how long it will take to clear? The PD here does not mail out permits, they call you and you stop down to the PD 24/7 with your ID and get it. I like the idea, it would seem a lot more secure with nature of the permit.

As far as the numbers falling, apathy is probably the culprit

Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:44 am

I ended up putting mine off due to scheduling problems. Limited hours of availability, coupled with lengthy lead times on appointments. With my job, I’m not sure what my availability is going to be tomorrow, let alone at 1.30pm 4 weeks from now. Finally had to commit to a date and tell the boss I NEED some time.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:50 am

Selador wrote:
os2firefox wrote:For Snohomish county, my renewal took the full 30 days.

Same here. They always always take every bit of the 30 days. In fact, last time, it was 4 days late.

Depends on the sheriff, and their policies.
Under Rick Bart they handed it to you through the window. Original or renewal. Took less than 5 minutes. Could see it coming off the printer.
Lovick, mailed it.
Trenary, mailed it, 30 days.

Only takes a few minutes for the check to come back.
If they mail it late, it's politics and policy.
They know what your record is before you leave the building.
They make you come in to check for warrants.
Last edited by Guntrader on Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:54 am

The Normandy Park PD told me the same thing last time I renewed. It took about 3 weeks for my permit to come in. My wife renewed her's late and it took just under a month.

Normandy Park however, has limited service hours. At one point, the desk was only staffed 9-3 Monday - Thursday. I think its getting better now.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:10 pm

Mine expired due to being out of country on long vacation and got back 4 days before it expired. Got my renewed one a few weeks later. Not sure if that counts as lost for me.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:43 pm

Was there a surge in applications about 5 years ago? If people don't end up carrying a pistol, they are likely to let them lapse.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:36 pm

I'm going with, "We've reached the point where people would prefer not to be registered with the government as gun owners."

Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:40 pm

MadPick wrote:I'm going with, "We've reached the point where people would prefer not to be registered with the government as gun owners."

Good point

Especially with the suggested possibility of constitutional carry or something similar, in the future.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:46 pm

ERPOS, and LE/Courts/Military etc. finally taking the records requirements seriously and filing forms that reflect loss of 2A rights?

Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:51 pm

I think that as Washington becomes increasingly liberal and overrun with leftist policy and values those who are more likely to own firearms or have a CPL are moving away from the region. Seattle and surrounding counties have become increasingly hostile toward gun owners. If my family and business weren't based here I'd leave. I don't appreciate feeling like a second class citizen when I pay $30k in taxes to WA state every year and they squander it on "safe" injection sites and feel good anti-gun legislation that drives pro-gun businesses and successful conservatives away.

Will the last sane person leaving Seattle please lock the door behind them so these lunatics can't escape?

Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:51 pm

sreyemj wrote:Was there a surge in applications about 5 years ago? If people don't end up carrying a pistol, they are likely to let them lapse.

Ding ding ding!!!!! We have a winner. The Sandy Hook massacre happened five years and 4 months ago. There was a surge when our rights were attacked. Now those are expiring.
Post a reply