Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 KIRKLAND GUN CONTROL 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
Regarding a gun/ammo tax, wouldn't safety programs and education benefit EVERYONE? Why are only gun owners targeted when it comes to raising money to support these efforts.

BTW, gun and ammo purchases are already taxed at several levels from Federal Excise tax on down through State and Local Sales taxes, and lastly the B&O tax paid by the dealer who makes the sale to the consumer. What's happening with all THAT money.

CPL holders pay into a "Range Fund". How many new ranges has the state developed with that money or has it been siphoned off for other social programs?

Also an ammo tax is to price out poor people to practice self defense. It’s kind of stupid to charge more for people to practice so they can be proficient with their firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another thing that has come to my attention is that there are State LEGISLATURE seats coming up for election.

The Mayor of Kirkland is vying for a seat representing the 48th district. My, my. Now I see why she has been proactive in the social justice activism.

So, at the end of the town hall meeting, acknowledging, it would seem, how many of us pro 2A voters were in the audience, she made a big show of saying how she grew up on a farm... and when she moved back there and was in residence, as a woman alone, she thought it prudent to have her daddy's shotgun with her for defense. And how she can shoot trap and cook elk liver.... and wants to find "answers" that respect our rights...

Come to find out, she is hoping to win a seat so she can work to make a change to the state of REGULATION around guns.

From the Kirkland Reporter (6/22, page 2):

"We should require safe storage we should require INSURANCE..." (emphasis, mine) "... if you [sic] car its [sic] a dangerous object, you can do damage with your vehicle, you should have insurance on how you conduct yourself with your car", Walen said. "We should require that for firearms."

So, she wants you to have insurance on your 2A Right for protection. I'm certain it will be "affordable" (cough, cough).

Another bit of taxation that will put gun ownership out of the reach of the poor or lower middle class.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Last edited by jukk0u on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Another thing that has come to my attention is that there are State Congress seats coming up for election.

The Mayor of Kirkland is vying for a seat representing the 48th district. My, my. Now I see why she has been proactive in the social justice activism.

So, at the end of the town hall meeting, acknowledging, it would seem, how many of us pro 2A voters were in the audience, she made a big show of saying how she grew up on a farm... and when she moved back there and was in residence, as a woman alone, she thought it prudent to have her daddy's shotgun with her for defense. And how she can shoot trap and cook elk liver.... and wants to find "answers" that respect our rights...

Come to find out, she is hoping to win a seat so she can work to make a change to the state of REGULATION around guns.

From the Kirkland Reporter (6/22, page 2):

"We should require safe storage we should require INSURANCE..." (emphasis, mine) "... if you [sic] car its [sic] a dangerous object, you can do damage with your vehicle, you should have insurance on how you conduct yourself with your car", Walen said. "We should require that for firearms."

So, she wants you to have insurance on your 2A Right for protection. I'm certain it will be "affordable" (cough, cough).

Another bit of taxation that will put gun ownership out of the reach of the poor or lower middle class.

It's the state LEGISLATURE.

Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BUMP :bump2:

Get ready, get set.... 6:30 meet'n.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
BUMP :bump2:

Get ready, get set.... 6:30 meet'n.

When are you heading over?

Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went to the meeting. Six other gun owners. Two non-citizens. One from Denmark (The Greatest, Happiest country on the planet with the bestest ideas on Government and gun ownership, you know...cuz Europe), the other from some place that isn't really a country (Canada) :bigsmile:

A bunch of puffery really. Focus was "what can the CITY do to prevent violent crime and mass shootings through responsible gun ownership"?

Really? Responsible gun owners juxtaposed with violent crime and mass shootings....
And how many $$ does a city have to invest, and in what does it have authority to do? Not a whole fuck of a lot.

So we gave them a bunch of talking points they could use to spout at the anti's and say "See? We're doing "something". We also gave them a list of things to NOT do: No new taxes on gun owners. Don't go out of your way to stigmatize gun ownership.

Next up: A "Kirkland Talks" focus group discussion with a mixed group; Pro 2A'ers and Anti-gunners. Now THAT should be fun.

So, it was a good group. Even with me being an ass and there being some philosophical differences discussed, it was illuminating.

FJB

Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Went to the meeting. Six other gun owners. Two non-citizens. One from Denmark (The Greatest, Happiest country on the planet with the bestest ideas on Government and gun ownership, you know...cuz Europe), the other from some place that isn't really a country (Canada) :bigsmile:

A bunch of puffery really. Focus was "what can the CITY do to prevent violent crime and mass shootings through responsible gun ownership"?

Really? Responsible gun owners juxtaposed with violent crime and mass shootings....
And how many $$ does a city have to invest, and in what does it have authority to do? Not a whole fuck of a lot.

So we gave them a bunch of talking points they could use to spout at the anti's and say "See? We're doing "something". We also gave them a list of things to NOT do: No new taxes on gun owners. Don't go out of your way to stigmatize gun ownership.

Next up: A "Kirkland Talks" focus group discussion with a mixed group; Pro 2A'ers and Anti-gunners. Now THAT should be fun.

So, it was a good group. Even with me being an ass and there being some philosophical differences discussed, it was illuminating.

Haha the guy from Denmark was actually originally from Switzerland I think he just lived in Denmark or might have been the other way around but he didn’t really understand american ideal or the constitution. Also my pet peeve is people that continually try to talk over everyone else......

Just remember not a real country burnt down the White House [emoji6]

Are you going to try to join the kirkland talks group? I’m interested in it if it’s in the evening or during the weekend. Johanna and her husband are really interesting people and I’m happy with the work they are doing.

I hope the city listens to the no ammo tax even though I’m not sure of anywhere to buy ammo in kirkland nor would I really buy ammo in kirkland.

Thank you for coming down tonight and sharing your opinions and keep me updated on going to the range!

Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MyNameIs940 wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Also my pet peeve is people that continually try to talk over everyone else......

Yeah, me too....Hey! Wait a minute!!!!

FJB

Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
MyNameIs940 wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Also my pet peeve is people that continually try to talk over everyone else......

Yeah, me too....Hey! Wait a minute!!!!

Haha, not sure if you’re referring to me or you but I tried to stop talking when others were talking but mr Europe wouldn’t stop or let Johanna talk at all when she had good opinions. I’m happy with the city guys that when they notice that they called on that person to finish what they had to say.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:43 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

P.S. Canada didn’t burn the White House. The British did.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:

Canada wasn’t a country at the time so yes they were under British rule and French rule but they were a colony that ended up turning into Canada. :P

Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:38 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

MyNameIs940 wrote:
MadPick wrote:

Canada wasn’t a country at the time so yes they were under British rule and French rule but they were a colony that ended up turning into Canada. :P

The US owned part of (what is now) Canada with the Louisiana Purchase ... That means we burnt our OWN house down! :bonghit:

Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:49 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
MyNameIs940 wrote:
MadPick wrote:

The US owned part of (what is now) Canada with the Louisiana Purchase ... That means we burnt our OWN house down! :bonghit:

How about let’s agree it was a group effort :)

Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There was a man
A little ole man
Who lived in Montreal
With a wife and a kid
And a car and a house
And a teenage daughter
With a see-thru blouse
Who loved to grunt and ball - -
And her name was Magdalena

Read more: Frank Zappa - Magdalena Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Canadians....

... I work so hard, don't you understand?... making maple syrup for the pancakes of our land!

FJB

Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://youtu.be/F-glHAzXi_M

I’ll just leave this here.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next