Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 I-1639 LAWSUITS 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gottlieb, NRA File Separate Challenges to I-1639 Validity

Nationally-recognized gun rights leader Alan Gottlieb, who heads two Washington State-based gun rights groups, on Friday filed one of two legal challenges to Initiative 1639, the latest gun control measure backed by a Seattle-based lobbying group

http://libertyparkpress.com/gottlieb-nr ... -validity/

Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dave Workman wrote:
Gottlieb, NRA File Separate Challenges to I-1639 Validity

Nationally-recognized gun rights leader Alan Gottlieb, who heads two Washington State-based gun rights groups, on Friday filed one of two legal challenges to Initiative 1639, the latest gun control measure backed by a Seattle-based lobbying group

http://libertyparkpress.com/gottlieb-nr ... -validity/

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This lawsuit will fail in Washington's courts. Mark my words. She was not outside her powers to accept the petition and may have been borderline to reject. I think there are firmer grounds for the courts. What about the multiple subjects? The straight up infringement AND Impairment?

The state courts will not find in the favor SAF or NRA. We need to prepare for a proper battle. I think playing up health information privacy part will go a long way. Then the stupid complexity, inability to enforce, the overall invasion of privacy, and loss of rights for 18 year olds. We can also bring up the promises of 594 and absolute failure of that law.

We need to be ready for multiple lawsuits. Pony up! Join SAF and NRA and DONATE!!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
This lawsuit will fail in Washington's courts. Mark my words. She was not outside her powers to accept the petition and may have been borderline to reject. I think there are firmer grounds for the courts. What about the multiple subjects? The straight up infringement AND Impairment?

The state courts will not find in the favor SAF or NRA. We need to prepare for a proper battle. I think playing up health information privacy part will go a long way. Then the stupid complexity, inability to enforce, the overall invasion of privacy, and loss of rights for 18 year olds. We can also bring up the promises of 594 and absolute failure of that law.

We need to be ready for multiple lawsuits. Pony up! Join SAF and NRA and DONATE!!

Maybe, maybe not.
The lawsuit isn't challenging Kim's acceptance. The lawsuit is going after the petitions, which were NOT in compliance with statutory requirement to be "full and complete" and accurate.
Even the Walla Walla Union Bulletin editorialized that the initiative should be disqualified.
We'll see what happens, possibly on the 17th.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dave Workman wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Maybe, maybe not.
The lawsuit isn't challenging Kim's acceptance. The lawsuit is going after the petitions, which were NOT in compliance with statutory requirement to be "full and complete" and accurate.
Even the Walla Walla Union Bulletin editorialized that the initiative should be disqualified.
We'll see what happens, possibly on the 17th.

I hope you are correct. But our state courts have walked a single thread to support their leftist dogma.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]