Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:25 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 FULL-SCALE REVOLT v. I-1639 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

‘Full-scale Constitutional Revolt’ Against WA Gun Control?

The on-going fight and increasing resistance to a wide-ranging, and many believe unconstitutional, gun law passed by Washington State voters last fall is “beginning to resemble a full-scale “constitutionalist” revolt against gun control,” according to a Thursday story in The Guardian, the left-of-center British newspaper.

https://libertyparkpress.com/full-scale ... n-control/

Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:13 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I'd say it is beginning to awaken some people, but we've a ways to go before this reaches "full-scale."

Quote:
Spokane County Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich recently told Liberty Park Press that he has been inundated with calls from concerned and angry constituents, including lots of Democrats, who belatedly realize what the initiative really does.

Good.

Wake up, your wannabe masters are cinching up your restraints.

No more compromise, no more compliance with illegal infringements on our Natural Rights. It should be called "Living as a free people."

Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's great to see it's getting some attention.

Member:
2nd Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Firearms Policy Coalition
Silent Majority Foundation
NRA

Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A little bit of the word is getting out but we have a huge obstacle which is the mainstream media that controls everything.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Most all people just read: "18 year olds....and ....'assault weapons'"

Pretty much universally didn't know there was other crap in that initiative.

Where are the REAL lawyers fighting this? On multiple fronts.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:27 pm

If they mean to have a war, let it begin here

Wed May 22, 2019 6:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
I'd say it is beginning to awaken some people, but we've a ways to go before this reaches "full-scale."

Quote:
Spokane County Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich recently told Liberty Park Press that he has been inundated with calls from concerned and angry constituents, including lots of Democrats, who belatedly realize what the initiative really does.

Good.

Wake up, your wannabe masters are cinching up your restraints.

No more compromise, no more compliance with illegal infringements on our Natural Rights. It should be called "Living as a free people."

^Damn straight there PMB

"When a government becomes powerful it is destructive, extravagant and violent; it is an usurer which takes bread from innocent mouths and deprives honorable men of their substance, for votes with which to perpetuate itself."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

SAF, GOA Member

Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:24 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Most of the buyers I have had contact with are completely, if not 80% clueless, about the newest infringement on our rights. It is sad how uninformed most people are, then to consider how uninformed most voters are, is a real travesty.

Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:22 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

3584ELK wrote:
Most of the buyers I have had contact with are completely, if not 80% clueless, about the newest infringement on our rights. It is sad how uninformed most people are, then to consider how uninformed most voters are, is a real travesty.

I'm quoting you ELK but not directing this at you as I have no idea how you handled it. However, as I've stated in the past, I was really disappointed how the FFL's around here didn't have nearly enough information available or even a "vote no" sign in regards to 1639. Or if they did, it wasn't nearly visible enough.

Member:
2nd Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Firearms Policy Coalition
Silent Majority Foundation
NRA

Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:46 am

All of the FFLs in my area told everyone they could about I-1639. Nobody listened.

Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

3584ELK wrote:

But they probably know the latest sports statistics and Marvel super hero movies; you know, really important stuff like that.

Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:30 am

Remaining constant politically engaged the way the average 2A supporter has to is exhausting. I can absolutely fault people that look at the effort required to keep up with the system, see the difficulty making change that way, and just say "yeah naw opt out", but I totally understand why they do it.

Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:40 am

EmbraceTheEdge wrote:
3584ELK wrote:

I'm quoting you ELK but not directing this at you as I have no idea how you handled it. However, as I've stated in the past, I was really disappointed how the FFL's around here didn't have nearly enough information available or even a "vote no" sign in regards to 1639. Or if they did, it wasn't nearly visible enough.

Appreciate the comment, and I certainly agree that FFL's ought to be pro-active in getting the word out concerning initiatives that are harmful. My shop had the bumper stickers and letters in plain view, and I urged folks to vote against it. Prior to that, I took the step of challenging the local Wal-Dumb manager on her policy of allowing an improper initiative to be pushed on her customers at her store. I called Wal-Mart corporate and complained- all to no avail.

Now, when customers complain about the cost of transfers and the hassle, I first ask IF they voted. Then I ask HOW they voted on 1639.

I believe we shouldn't just give up when the apparatchik's get their way.

As an example from the leftists, look at the damage that "the Resistance" has caused the Trump presidency...why aren't we pushing back just as hard?

Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I came back to WA for my daughter's wedding I visited the Lacey Cabela's where I used to work. They said they are getting bitched at by people about the new 1639 rules (not Cabela's fault). I'm willing to bet that some of these people bitching voted for it not realizing the consequences. The same thing happened with 549.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next