Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:33 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 South Sound Memorial Day Events 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Memorial Day, a day set aside each year to remember those who died while serving in the U.S. military, will be commemorated on Monday.

Local governments, VFW and American Legion posts, cemeteries and others across the South Sound are holding observances Sunday and Monday.

Here is a list:

SUNDAY, MAY 26

▪ Puyallup: 1 p.m., Pioneer Park Pavilion. U.S. Rep. Denny Heck and state Sen. Hans Zeiger will offer remarks. The Clan Gordon Pipe Band and Puyallup High School Wind Ensemble will perform.

▪ Olympia waterside service: 1 p.m. at Percival Landing Pavilion, 217 Thurston Ave. NW. A tribute to all veterans who perished at sea.

MONDAY, MAY 27
▪ Joint Base Lewis-McChord: 11:30 a.m. at Camp Lewis Cemetery on JBLM Lewis Main. Col. Nicole Lucas, JBLM garrison commander, will offer remarks. The I Corps Band will perform. People who wish to attend will require a pass from the JBLM visitor center at Exit 120 from Interstate 5. Signs will direct attendees to the cemetery. (If anybody goes to this event, if you look around you will find the spot that is reserved for me.)

▪ Tahoma National Cemetery: 1 p.m. at the main flag pole assembly area at the cemetery, 18600 SE 240th St., Kent. Gold Star families will offer remarks, and, weather permitting, there will be a flyover by the Steerman Group using WWII-vintage airplanes.

▪ Mountain View Memorial Park: 2 p.m. in the Garden of Honor, 4100 Steilacoom Blvd. SW, Lakewood. Col. Jonathan M. Chung will give remarks, and the Buffalo Soldiers will present a riderless horse tribute. Complimentary hotdogs and light refreshments provided. Horseback rides available for a small donation.

▪ Washington Soldiers Home: 2 p.m. at Chilson Hall, 1301 Orting-Kapowsin Highway, Orting. Remarks from Lt. Col. Eric Danko of the 62nd Medical Brigade.

▪ Thurston County Veterans Council: Music begins at 10:30 a.m. with ceremony following at 11 a.m. at the state Capitol rotunda in Olympia.

▪ Tacoma Historical Society: 11 a.m. at War Memorial Park, 7201 Sixth Ave., Tacoma. Command Sgt. Maj. (retired) James Pickering will offer remarks. Parking at Narrows park-and-ride.

▪ Artondale Cemetery: 10 a.m. at 5512 Hunt Street NW, Gig Harbor.

▪ Auburn American Legion Post 78: 11 a.m. at Auburn Veterans Memorial, 405 E St. NE, Auburn.

▪ American Legion Mt. Tacoma Post 148: 11 a.m. at Eatonville Cemetery.

▪ Woodlawn Cemetery: 4 p.m. at 5930 Mullen Road SE in Lacey.

▪ Bethany Cemetery: 10:30 a.m. at 26418 Mountain Highway in Spanaway.

▪ Haven of Rest Funeral Home: Noon at 8503 state Route 16 NW in Gig Harbor. Music, speakers and hotdog lunch.

Fri May 24, 2019 2:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dupont powder works park. 0800 to 1000 Monday is a 5k run free. The group actually runs every Saturday and has people who do runs with Gold Star Kids.

https://www.facebook.com/events/328989977785076/?ti=as

Fri May 24, 2019 4:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 27, 2019 5:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For those who missed this last year....Last May I was in Europe and one of our stops was to the American National Cemetery in Margraten (Netherlands). We visited the grave of my friend's grandfather. No one in his family had been to his grave. He also told me that no one in his family knew how or where he died...

So when we got home on the Thursday before Memorial Day, I started doing research and found the journal of the Commander of the Eight Infantry Division. I was able to document all the places he fought and where/how he died.

https://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/2018/ ... ember.html

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Mon May 27, 2019 5:44 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSGCLYm ... kifQ%3D%3D

Mon May 27, 2019 5:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]