Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 WaGuns goes to SHOT - 2020 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MyNameIs940 wrote:
Traut wrote:
Hey guys,
Remember the CZ integrally suppressed rimfire rifles? Were they offering just barrels seperately in addition to the $400 rifles? Also, maybe a dumb question, but when you buy an integrally suppressed model, do you still have to do all the silencer forms, trust, waiting, etc.?

Yes, you have to buy the barrel and the rifle. So it’ll end up being around $1000 depending on what rifle you want to get.

Not a dumb question, but yes it’s still a silencer so you have to do a form 4, send fingerprints, photo and $200 to the atf for the transfer. You don’t have to do a trust but I highly suggest trusts. Right now the wait on a form 4 is 300 days average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Sorry, I didn't see Steve's post above addressing this too. Seemed too good to be true. Guess I'll just keep blasting gophers with earplugs in.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:47 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Arisaka wrote:
Please go back and kick them in the nuts, as RocketScott requested. Use logging boots and a running start.

I'll have to leave that for Sinus211 or PMB, as I flew home last night. :bigsmile: Which means I still owe an update on yesterday . . . .

Here's me riding the SHOT Show bus from Circus Circus (our shithole of choice) to the show:

MyNameIs940 and I stopped at the Daniel Defense booth (which is ENORMOUS, by the way) to check our their new DDM4 PDW pistol in 300 Blackout:

Y'know, it was nice but . . . $1800? Yeah, Daniel Defense, I know.

PMB was more interested in the larger guns:

And speaking of PMB, that guy is a trooper, I just gotta say. No matter how long the day is, no matter how badly my ass is dragging, that guy just keeps going with a smile, and doesn't care how much he's carrying.

Here he is picking us his swag bag after we finished a conversation with an exhibitor:

And hell yeah, he's still got a smile on his face, and he's ready to move on to the next booth!

:wagwoot:

One of you asked about the CZ / Dan Wesson DWX, so we checked that out:

Here's the full size version:

And the compact:

Yeah, they were nice . . . good triggers and a nice feel to them. Nothing jumped out at me as "oh hey this is new and different." Honestly, if nobody had asked, I probably would have walked right past them. But yup, nice pistols if you play up in that price range.

PMB and I made our annual pilgrimage to the Forster booth to see Kelly Bachand (aka kellybachand), chew the fat for a bit and take the obligatory selfie:

Before we left, Kelly asked, "Did you see the new Sig P210 Carry? You should go see it." So we headed back to the Sig Sauer booth to check it out. First we'll start with the regular P210, because hell yeah this is one sexy pistola:

Beautiful smooth slide movement, nice trigger, feels great in the hand . . . yup. Sexy. And here's its new little brother:

The Carry has a capacity of 8+1 9mm (it's single stack) and it has an aluminum frame. Is it as nice as the Target model? Nope. It is still nice? Yup. Would I carry it? Nope, I'll stick with my P365, thanks.

Kelly said that the Sig rep described it as a "gentleman's carry gun." Maybe that's my issue. :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ohhhh, that P210 target grip reminds me just a bit of some of the Hammerli grips, which I mucho like.

Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:12 am

I flew out yesterday morning, got a 1911 Armorer class to teach this weekend.

Had a great time, made all the vendor contacts for both the training and ammo businesses. Had a little time to see a few things on the side, but with the 2nd floor plan heavily screwed up...trying to find individual booths was a pain, and time consuming.

Appears being a dealer for Aero, Rise Armament, Ballistic Advantage, SOLGW, and VLTOR will come on line this year...GOOD TIMES!

NRA Life Member

Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:59 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cerberus Group wrote:

Had a great time, made all the vendor contacts for both the training and ammo businesses. Had a little time to see a few things on the side, but with the 2nd floor plan heavily screwed up...trying to find individual booths was a pain, and time consuming.

Appears being a dealer for Aero, Rise Armament, Ballistic Advantage, SOLGW, and VLTOR will come on line this year...GOOD TIMES!

:thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:10 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cerberus Group wrote:

Sounds like a great show for you. That's what SHOT is all about, getting people together!

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:13 pm

Cerberus Group wrote:

Hell, if I’d have known we could’ve planned a road trip!

"We do not fight to be free; we fight because we are free"
Avraham "Ya'ir" Stern

!אחרי

Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:25 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

First to address the original request list:

REQUEST LIST:

Jukk0u- bitch at Zastava about canted sights while admiring quality of new USA made AK's

Zastava did receive a bit of bitching from us. Mostly about the price tag of $3100 on their new PSL/Dragunov copy. But while we tried to admire the new USA made AK's, we were informed by Zastava that they do not have any USA made AK's. All of Zastava's AK's are still imported.

Arisaka- gratuitous booth girl pics

Maybe it's old age, being married, having a kid. Who knows? I just feel pervy snapping pics of the gals. And to be fair, while there are plenty of very attractive women at the SHOT booths, very few of the exhibitors hire scantily clad models to stand around in their booths.

Rocketscott- Global ordinance/Grand Power (L219, 3017) 1. Ask about A3 approval progress. Ask about mag fix for Grand Power progress.

Pretty sure you saw what Madpick and Mynameiscanuck were able to dig up on this. If not: https://www.waguns.org//viewtopic.php?p ... 8#p1057638

Angstadt Arms (20156) fondle MDP-9 and try to shoot it at range day. Comparison to other 9mm subguns. Worth the high asking price?

Ooh, this was a fun stop! The MDP-9 is a sexy girl! Very lightweight and well balanced with a nice trigger. It's slim and a little blocky but that seems to keep it compact. It utilizes Glock pattern mags and has a last round bolt hold open. We were told the lower parts are AR interchangeable and takedown is similar to an AR. The barrel is an MP5 barrel and this is a roller delayed blowback weapon which should make it suppress very well. Nicely built! Is it worth the price tag of $2500? I suppose that depends on how deep your pockets are. There are definitely other small and lightweight PCC options in this category for less money, but probably none as well built as the MDP-9. If your checkbook allows, the MDP-9 will be shipping this March.

Guns4Liberty- Gibbz Arms (4359) new releases or enhancements for side charging uppers? Parts (uppers/lowers/handguards)

Not sure how I missed this one but I did. Sorry man.

Surevaliance- Swallow pride. Get laughed at by Glock reps for suggesting that they make something based on customer input. Report back on how badly they shamed us for suggesting that they improve upon Glock "perfection."

I made mention of a Glock in 7.62 Tok to the Glock reps. They basically summarized their sentiment by explaining that "we'll make one when the market demand justifies doing so, by which I mean probably never." Pretty much the answer we were expecting, but we DID ask.

Recover Tactical (1709) Ask if Glock stabilizer brace is compatible with 80% G26. Also ask what is the length of the brace arm from pistol back plate to end.

Here is the link to the Glock brace: https://www.recovertactical.com/product ... -cybergun/

The Recover Tactical Glock stabilizer brace is AWESOME!!! Let me start by answering your questions. 1) The brace is not compatible with 80% Glock frames according to Recover Tactical. On top of that the G26, even from the factory, is not on the compatibility list for their stabilizer brace. Here is the compatibility list: https://www.recovertactical.com/product ... -cybergun/

By a quick measure we determined the length of the brace to be somewhere from 12"-14" but did not have a tape measure on hand and the reps did not seem to have the answer to that question either.

What I can tell you is that this brace is like no other I've ever seen for a pistol. It folds down into a tiny little package. It is so small when folded that it can actually be holstered using the proprietary holster from Recover Tactical which is more like a clip that the pistol slides into than a holster, but it holds the pistol well.

Also of note is the very low price tag for this setup. The packages as described come in 3 levels:

Barebones: $99 just the stabilizer brace setup and slide racking loop that installs over the rear sight
Middle: $120 adds rails and a single point sling
Complete: $149 adds the holster

Additional: The front mag holster "grip looking thing" shown in our pic is not yet available but will be offered for around $50 in the future as an add on according to the reps.

Stock photo:

In the hands of the mighty nosepick, ehem, Madpick:

Suffice it to say that we were so impressed with the pricing and innovation of this brace setup that 2 of us preordered the $120 option immediately. The Recover Tactical brace is set to start shipping in March 2020 and we are very excited to receive ours!

db-elwood- Hoplite Arms (61901) fondle new bolt action rifles. Take above the waist pictures only to exclude potential erections. Report back.

I screwed the pooch on this one bud! We started on level 1 (of 5) with the intention of working our way upstairs as the week progressed. On Wednesday we took the elevator up to the top floor where the 60XXX booths were located and were greeted by a sign explaining that these booths would only be showing Monday (range day) and Tuesday (day 1) of SHOT show. We missed them. Sorry bud!

Rottenryan- Look for Vantage Arms or any info on the six 12 bullpup

No Vantage Arms at the show this year. But let's talk about another 12ga bullpup that was there, and was impressive! The RIA VRBP-100 https://armscor.com/firearms/ria-import ... -100-12ga/

Madpick and I both shot this shotgun at range day and were both equally impressed with the aesthetics, handling and accuracy. The VRBP-100 conceals a 20" barrel though you'd never know it to look at it in its bullpup configuration. It is well balanced, easy to handle and surprising accurate. At range day we walked up to the trap field where they demonstrate shotguns and were intrigued by the little bullpup. So Madpick and I both decided to shoot trap with...a tactical bullpup. :rofl9: Madpick immediately cleared 3/3 shots (barely winging them) while I pulverized 2/3 of my shots (must've been a gust of wind on the first shot). That's no small feat for a bullpup shotgun using back up rifle sights. The rep informed us that this shotgun shares mag compatibility with the RIA VR80 shotgun (RIA's big hit at shot 2019) which makes it an even more attractive option. Again it seems as though 2 of the SHOT representatives from WaGuns will be making a purchase and adding this shotgun to their own personal collections. Check it out, we were impressed!

mmalleck- Ruger (11940) Fondle the Ruger 57, report back

We fondled, we admired, we shot it at range day. Consensus: the deep but narrow grip is awkward. That's to be expected due to the narrow length of the 5.7x28 cartridge but the Ruger 57 (pronounced "five seven") could definitely benefit from some side grip panels to fatten up the grip. That being said it has a very nice trigger for a polymer pistol, is light, aims easily, has an anticipated price around 1/2 of what the FN 5.7 costs, and even I (not a good shot with pistols) was able to score a hit or two on the steel silhouette targets at 100 yards with this pistol. Synopsis: Ruger did a good job overall, and the price of this pistol will no doubt make it a strong competitor for the established FN 5.7.

CommTillItHtz- Sig Sauer (12240, 12532) Examine Sig Cross for fit/finish/handling. Give overall impression

Review post here: https://www.waguns.org//viewtopic.php?p ... 8#p1057568

NotAMerc- SiOnyx (3548, L208) Night vision. Look for other night vision offerings also

PM me your address and I'll send you a care package with the brochures on night vision that I collected at SHOT for you. There were an overwhelming number of booths at the show offering and/or specializing in night vision. As a rookie to the topic, I just didn't know what relevant questions to ask so instead I collected some reading material for you.

Jukk0u- Magpul (10263, 10362) Inspect new pistol braces and report back. Attempt to snag beard hairs in "top holes" then file pain and suffering lawsuit against multi-billion dollar corp.

Jokes aside, these braces look very much like braces from other companies that are already on the market. The advantage? They're Magpul. I suppose the other advantage is that they each had a QD sling attachment at the back of the brace. Of note: you were 100% right about the beard hair danger! Each brace has a strange hole on top through which you can see the buffer tube. If a hairy faced beast (Jukk0u) had their pubic patch rested down on top of the brace while adjusting it for length that hole could very easily swallow up a good patch of face fuzz. My mistake for not asking Magpul why the hole is there, but beardfaces beware!

cmica- Precision rifle suppressors etc.

Dude, I don't even know where to start :ROFLMAO:

I'm a little weary from a long day of traveling and unpacking. More to come tomorrow on new offerings, special mentions, and other cool things we saw at SHOT 2020.

Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well written Mike, you must have had some pointers from the Madpick guy. :bigsmile:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:04 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

usrifle wrote:
Well written Mike, you must have had some pointers from the Madpick guy. :bigsmile:

Thanks bud! Madpick sets the bar pretty high with his excellent write ups!

Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A care package of brochures?! That works too. Though given my current location that might be a little expensive for that...

Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:32 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

NotAMerc wrote:
A care package of brochures?! That works too. Though given my current location that might be a little expensive for that...

Oooh, yeah. icon_eek

Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:42 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Swag summary....

Most of this will wind up on the table at the next New Years shoot.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:35 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

And here are a couple of coupon codes for anyone interested. Note that the ALG defense code is a one-time use, so if you use it please post up to save others the aggravation. Thanks!

EDIT: I removed the ALG coupon code, which was for 30% off at algdefense.com, as RocketScott is going to use it; see the post below.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
And here are a couple of coupon codes for anyone interested. Note that the ALG defense code is a one-time use, so if you use it please post up to save others the aggravation. Thanks!

I could use a couple more ALG triggers but I don't want to use the code just for that

If someone else is thinking of buying something from ALG we can combine the order

Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next