Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:18 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 WaGuns goes to SHOT - 2020 

Attachment:
Screenshot_2015-08-13-12-00-51-1_resized.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NRA Life Member

Last edited by Cerberus Group on Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:36 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

CommTillItHtz wrote:
Sig Saur (12240, 12532)

I would like some hands on opinions on the Cross's fit, finish, and handling, and hopefully some observations on accuracy. Not super concerned about their new round, 308/6.5 is fine for me. Overall just looking for an opinion from someone who isnt being sponsored by Sig.

We got a chance to take a look at the Sig Cross today, and damn, that is a nicely built rifle! First impression: it’s very light! The bolt rides smoothly in the action and has very little slop even when fully drawn back and the trigger is light and breaks very clean. The fit and finish on the entire rifle is very tight and it appears to be overall very well built. Without having a chance to shoot the rifle it’s hard to say much more about it except that the fit, finish, and balance are excellent!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:38 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

GeekWithGuns wrote:
Does Sig have the new MG336 on display (or was it at the range day)? Would be interesting to see close up pics :bigsmile:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/special-operations-marines-to-call-for-end-of-iconic-machine-gun-m2-ma-deuce-soon-will-be-replaced

The MG338 is a beast! I’ll let the pictures do the talking including a pic of mynameis940 holding it. He’s happy because this is as close to shooting a machine gun as he’ll get this year.

Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:56 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

And a couple of creeper shots for Arisaka

Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:00 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

And a couple random shots including a cerakote color chart located above the urinals in the men’s restrooms and Madpick looking somewhat pained holding the not-so-light McMillan 50bmg

Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For reference, here’s a picture of Sinus211 holding the same rifle that Madpick is having trouble lifting.

Also for the sig cross here’s a picture with the stock folded. Honestly before shot I was not really interested at all about this rifle but after playing with it today I’m pretty impressed and may want one now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by MyNameIs940 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Like me, Sinus has more ballast...

Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hmmm,,,,,,, hkmp7 and banshee I like mg33 oh ya

you guys need to find lil red danger cute redhead like 5'2 "eden :inlove: :inlove: those booth girls don't do it

after seeing those drinks Madpick let us know how it goes

Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
WTF?? $400 for a rifle AND suppressor? Seems pretty darned reasonable to me!

Take my money!!!!

MadPick wrote:
Across the aisle was Lula. In my eyes, Lula can do no wrong and I own a ton of their products. And well, I'm about to own one more . . . .

They showed us their new loader/unloader combo (you get both pieces) for the Ruger 10/22:

Yep, they make awesome products. I'll definitely pick up the 10/22 combo!

MadPick wrote:
And remember how I cast some doubts on Sinus211's manliness at range day? Well, all doubts can be set aside . . . here are MyNameIs940 and Sinus211 collectively downing an entire gallon of pina colada . . . OMG. Let's just end this before things get any worse.

Lucky for them, you have to actually have a brain to get brain freeze. :bigsmile:

Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:
Does Sig have the new MG336 on display (or was it at the range day)? Would be interesting to see close up pics :bigsmile:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/special-operations-marines-to-call-for-end-of-iconic-machine-gun-m2-ma-deuce-soon-will-be-replaced

The MG338 is a beast! I’ll let the pictures do the talking including a pic of mynameis940 holding it. He’s happy because this is as close to shooting a machine gun as he’ll get this year.

Thanks guys!!! Wow that is a beast. Interesting that they are advertising M4 level felt recoil and an effective range of 2000m. That's a lot of reach. Cool stuff.

Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How much for the hat?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great pic of the SMG-45. I'm definitely lusting after one of those, especially with alimony ending in a couple months :bigsmile: Rumor has it there is a 9mm version in the works also.

Cool stuff that Jerry Miculek and Chuck Norris were both there. I'm too old for kids now but if I had two more I would definitely name them Walker and Texas Ranger (credit to Talladega Nights).

Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool new stuff for sure! The magpul ruger takedown is a nice addition, but I still find it ugly. The suppressed CZs are phenomenal. Ever since gearhead works put out "the one" (i think), I have been thinking about a compact, bolt actio, supressable .300blk backpacker.

Still waiting on the scorpion scoop from innovative arms's booth! :bigsmile:

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A.O. wrote:
Cool new stuff for sure! The magpul ruger takedown is a nice addition, but I still find it ugly. The suppressed CZs are phenomenal. Ever since gearhead works put out "the one" (i think), I have been thinking about a compact, bolt actio, supressable .300blk backpacker.

Still waiting on the scorpion scoop from innovative arms's booth! :bigsmile:

So I’ve been looking at the same thing for a 300 blackout bolt gun. I wanted to go the sbr route so I ended up going with a ruger American 300 blackout that takes ar mags. My main complaint with all the 300 blackout bolt guns that we’ve seen this week is that they only take aics mags and not ar mags. I’m pretty excited for my build to be finished and I’ll let you know how it goes if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
Global Ordinance/Grand Power L219, 3017

Check for any news about how the A3 approval process is going

Also ask if they have a fix in the works for the mag issues they've been having

MyNameIs940 and I talked to them this morning.

A3 approval is with the ATF right now; they're just waiting to hear back. So the answer is basically, "who knows" but they're expecting to get it sometime this year.

For mags, they've had about 30 mags returned with cracks out of 100,000 that they've manufactured, so they don't consider it to be a significant issue. However, they do have a prototype of a mag with steel feed lips, which they showed us but wouldn't let us photograph. So that's in work, but they don't have an estimated release date.

That's pretty much what I thought about the A3 approval process. It gets here when it gets here

I've heard rumors on other forums that the broken mags were a result of being on the bottom of the container during shipping. Guess they throw them all in a huge box to get them over here. Not sure I buy that. The people I saw complaining about cracked mags had it happen after having them a while

Funny that they wouldn't let you take pictures of the steel lipped mags. They posted about a hybrid mag a while ago

Thanks for checking on all that!

Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next