Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:03 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 SATURDAY MAY 19TH! Sedro-Wooley Shoot! 

I Should have brought a camera, but both my Cameras are being finicky right now, so I took the Video Camera instead.

I did want to display the Banner, but the little set-up I had for it was not good enough. There was too much chance of the wind and/or Fire damaging it.

I took 6 guns.

P-64: This little fire-breather worked surprising well! Extremely accurate, but hard to shoot. STOUT RECOIL!!! However, The 9x18mm Round works great in such a small firearm.

Daewoo DP-51: This Compact 9mm Handgun is a great shooter. Well Designed grip, interesting Safety, and Hi-capacity Magazines make this one fun gun! But the trigger is a bit "Different", and I've never been able to shoot it with 100% Accuracy.

Kimber Custom II: The Kimber's Track Record has been flawless. The same cannot be said for the ammo I've been using. Otherwise Poor Experience today with the ammo. It's not the gun's fault you know.

SLR-95: The Bulgarians Know how to make their AK-47's!!! And it showed with this one! Superb Accuracy, Controllability, and High Fun Factor, especially with the 75-Round Chinese Drum Magazine!!! Standard Wolf Steel case ammo went off without a single hitch.

Marlin Model 57M "Lever-Matic": An Obsecure Firearm, this is one truly great gun, close to legend status. The "Short-Stroke" Lever make for accurate, fast shooting while maintaining the inherent accuracy of the .22 WMR Round. It's possible to pop off all 15 Rounds in less than 10 seconds and still hit the target.

Mossberg 500 "Persuader": This "Plain" Trench Shotgun has visible Military traits. It's Strong, Fast and easy to use. Even Goose Loads went off with no trouble(Although my Shoulder says otherwise). A truly great Shotgun, and a 8-Shot Capacity to boot.

And I had a great time getting together with Fellow Firearms Fans to do some clean-up work! I'm sure we'll all get together again and really make a dent next time! Thank You all! There's no way to express how grateful I am!

Sat May 19, 2012 9:07 pm

What time you guys end up giving up? I had no rounds and had to mow, so we took off early.

Sat May 19, 2012 9:13 pm

Just Call Me Dave wrote:
What time you guys end up giving up? I had no rounds and had to mow, so we took off early.

I believe we left about 45 Minutes after you did.

I still had a few dozen rounds for the Shotgun and AK-47. But SigGuy23 and I just got burned out, there was no way we were going to finish off those last few rounds, Plus some people showed up and started shooting next to us, so it was time to leave.

Sat May 19, 2012 9:21 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sounds like a good time, guys, and you had a nice collection of guns to shoot!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun May 20, 2012 4:35 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

One of the OCDO Guys snapped a pic:

Sun May 20, 2012 6:37 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

That place looks a lot cleaner than some other shooting areas! Great work keeping it that way, folks.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun May 20, 2012 7:01 am

MadPick wrote:
That place looks a lot cleaner than some other shooting areas! Great work keeping it that way, folks.

It definitley was not clean at all when we got there. The pic you saw was afer about 12 trash bags and a huge fire pit worth of trash was clean up. It was way bad.

Mon May 21, 2012 9:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We need to get Dave Workman to cover one of these events. Get the good press for clean ups out there!

Mon May 21, 2012 9:27 am

root wrote:
We need to get Dave Workman to cover one of these events. Get the good press for clean ups out there!

That's one of the Best Idea's I've heard yet!!!

Mon May 21, 2012 7:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FMJ 911 wrote:
root wrote:

If you do that perhaps you would not want to burn it, can hear the bleeding heart environmentalists :crybaby: at the thought of trash being burnt instead of disposed of at a dump.

Mon May 21, 2012 9:21 pm

goodtimes wrote:
FMJ 911 wrote:
root wrote:

If you do that perhaps you would not want to burn it, can hear the bleeding heart environmentalists :crybaby: at the thought of trash being burnt instead of disposed of at a dump.

That's true, But, We were burning Wood and other "Easily Burnable" Materials. The Plastic, Glass, Metal, Etc. Those were not burned. Although Mike had a good idea. Since people throw parties up there, they make large bonfires, and he suggested that some of the "Burnable" Trash be made into piles so the partiers will have something to light. It would be a sneaky way to clean the pit. well, sorta anyways.

Tue May 22, 2012 6:19 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5