Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:27 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 North End Clean/Shoot (5/20) **Big Update** 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone know why the Skagit County Sheriffs Dept showed up?

Sat May 20, 2017 7:10 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

The day started out on a positive note at about 5:00am, when the wake up call actually found me alive. Sadly, I had already been awake for 2.5 hours... Insomnia grrrrrr... Since I had gone to bed at midnight, I called upon some calculus to figure out that I had had 2.5 hours of sleep. So screw you guys who say there is no value in college!
On the way out the door at 5:40am I caught my coffee cup on the edge of the table as I was picking up a couple of boxes that needed to be delivered up north. The only coffee cup that I use... shattered on the floor and there went my liquid sleep all over the floor.
The Missus and The Balrog laughed at my discomfiture at losing my only cup until they realized that I was going to be driving them for 4.25 hours on 1/4 cup of coffee.
Now a funny thing happens to the brain that is strictly following a sleep deprivation regimen as mine was. The night before I had written a list of the people who I needed to see, either to give them something, get something, or in one case both give and receive- good thinking, eh? *pats self on back* More on that later.
The Missus handled the texting duties- first to Mr Massive who shook a few cats out of the cat bed schwag box and dropped a box of WaGuns business cards in to pass on at the Clean-N-Shoot.
My Missus passed on my request for an emergency caffeine topoff, which was hot and ready. So nice, Thank you mucho Mr Massive sir. That was delicious.
A little bit of chat, a bit of admiration at the pleasant castle and some old LE books ( :drool: ) transfer of box of schwag and we were back on the road.

I am too tired to do this in one sitting... I'll work on the story in bits.

During:

After:

Sat May 20, 2017 7:11 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Pablo wrote:
PMB wrote:
Left at 5:45 this morning, just got home at 6:30pm.... I actually thought I would have time to buy a set of dies from Marcusp at the Centralia gun show on the way back home. :ROFLMAO:
Missed the end of the show by 20 minutes.
That is a beautiful shooting spot, other than the garbage left by thoughtless turds. That whole area is beautiful. You northenders are living surrounded by paradise. :cheers2:

How the heck did I miss you?

I do apologize sir. That was not the only error that I made with meeting people today. :ROFLMAO:
I am an idiot-extraordinaire details of which will be shared later.
We arrived at ~10:30am (I blame Mr Massive for not meeting me at the freeway instead of making me drive through his palatial estate and all the checkpoints before passing the box of schwag over) and met a few guys, greeted a few who I had already met in olden days, and then tried to put my back into filling a few bags... Before my entourage was in need of a nap.
We knew ahead of time that we would not be staying long enough for grub or the shoot... Mathematically Impossibru!

Sat May 20, 2017 7:17 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

PMB wrote:
During:
After:

DAAAAAMN people, you do some good work! :bow:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat May 20, 2017 7:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looking forward to seeing all the pics.

Sat May 20, 2017 8:01 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

MADrtcw wrote:

Very disturbing... And WaGuns' reputation is tarnished. I think that this may be the answer to Mr Zombie's question.
I see WaGuns schwag being worn in this series of shocking "caught in the act" photos. I assure you, these are unretouched - only cropped to protect the identities of Jager, PMB and Lionhrt.
These first few photos show a master in action, first noting the availability of valuables...
Scoping out the security measures:
Bingo. This was not noticed until the evidence was dug through later... By then it was too late of course. There were only crumbs left on the tray.
Looks like some got stuffed in pockets after the mouth was full... Hard to say for sure from this angle.
This one also- The Missus did not notice the crime being committed- it was a simple photo of a nice shooting pit until we got home and looked this over- we have no idea whose car this is, and we are sorry.

Sat May 20, 2017 8:18 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

PMB wrote:
MADrtcw wrote:

Very disturbing... And WaGuns' reputation is tarnished. I think that this may be the answer to Mr Zombie's question.
I see WaGuns schwag being worn in this series of shocking "caught in the act" photos. I assure you, these are unretouched - only cropped to protect the identities of Jager, PMB and Lionhrt.

This one also- The Missus did not notice the crime being committed- it was a simple photo of a nice shooting pit until we got home and looked this over- we have no idea whose car this is, and we are sorry.

Not sure on the car but the trucks mine...you were so close to that press! :045:

Sat May 20, 2017 9:17 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

das_napeth wrote:
Not sure on the car but the trucks mine...you were so close to that press! :045:

:ROFLMAO: I will never travel after a bout of insomnia again.
My brain was like a blank slate when I got the text from the Missus. Received your text after I was on the freeway and immediately began teaching the little Balrog a whole bunch of ferocious new words.

Sat May 20, 2017 9:26 pm

Wow! Terrific day with lots of great people coming together to achieve a common goal. It's nice to see bunch of like minded individuals working to keep the WaGuns and 2A community painted in a positive light. Can't wait to see what the future holds in the coming months once we get more consistently nice weather. Thanks WaGuns and everyone for making it such a great experience. Except for the dude that got all ass-hurt for shooting at his steel target that was downrange, I'm not quite sure what he expected to happen when you put out a steel target and have 10+ shooters on the firing line with itchy trigger fingers.

Sat May 20, 2017 10:28 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

sikspak88 wrote:
Wow! Terrific day with lots of great people coming together to achieve a common goal. It's nice to see bunch of like minded individuals working to keep the WaGuns and 2A community painted in a positive light. Can't wait to see what the future holds in the coming months once we get more consistently nice weather. Thanks WaGuns and everyone for making it such a great experience. Except for the dude that got all ass-hurt for shooting at his steel target that was downrange, I'm not quite sure what he expected to happen when you put out a steel target and have 10+ shooters on the firing line with itchy trigger fingers.

Maybe he just figured some people would ask first? You dont pick other peoples guns off a table and shoot them without asking first too do you?

Sun May 21, 2017 6:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's an ask first thing. Or last shoot, "they" said such and such targets are OK to shoot.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun May 21, 2017 6:25 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

das_napeth wrote:
sikspak88 wrote:

Maybe he just figured some people would ask first? You dont pick other peoples guns off a table and shoot them without asking first too do you?

I have mixed feelings about this, mostly because I intentionally choose to assume innocence on the part of the shooter.
As I was filling up my 2nd bag of garbage yesterday I was near enough to a couple of fellows to hear some pretty intense discussion about setting up a steel target and real harsh words towards people shooting it.
First view - I agree that people should shoot their own targets or only shoot others' targets with clear permission. While this SEEMS to be common sense to those of us who are regularly on a firing line, this may not be simple common sense to many people. That was a BIG crowd out there at the cleanup, and I'm assured that many of them don't see it that way.
2nd viewpoint- setting up anything downrange at a large group shoot is almost guaranteed to invite a few shots at it.

If you set a dollar bill down in a crowded park and walk away from it for a few minutes, will it still be there when you go back?
I am an RSO/CRSO, and one of the reasons that I avoid large group shoots like that one is the impossibility of having a "good feel" for all the shooters and their experience levels.

BTW- I am NOT condoning the shooting of someone else's targets... I am saying that I know of no way to properly take care of that in a large group shoot, therefore would not get butt hurt if it happened. At least two of the fellows talking about it before the shoot started were expecting it to happen and were already self-whipped into a frenzy and ready to jump in someone's shit for something that they knew was going to happen.
I try to steer my ship away from the rocks.

Sun May 21, 2017 6:36 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

sikspak88 wrote:

Sure glad you chimed in and identified yourself. I'm the "ass hurt" guy, and the reason you got a talking to was because as das napeth and pablo already said, you didn't ask. In fact, that's exactly what I said to you. "Are they your targets? Did you ask to shoot them? Then don't shoot them."

We have this problem at every shoot. Guys show up with their guns and ammo and nothing to shoot at so they just assume it's ok to shoot other people's targets and destroy them. What you didn't see was the 6-7 shooters down on my end that were shooting my targets all day and I was completely cool with it. Because they asked.

Hey while we're on the topic of you doing stupid shit, why don't we talk about what you were doing on the first cease fire while we had a cold range. Remember 3 guys yelling at you to "put the gun down!!!!" when you picked up and started playing with that stainless revolver while we had a cold range and people were walking out to change targets? Remember that?

You seem to have a problem being considerate of other people and their property. Tell you what, you go buy some new $300 steel targets and bring them to the next shoot and set them out at 60 yds then I'll throw some .308 at them without asking you. We'll see how happy you are about that.

Sun May 21, 2017 6:53 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Aside from that, what an awesome day! Huge turn out this year between the Waguns crew and the Skagit Man Bunker folks. The pit got spotless clean within about 90 minutes due to all the hard working folks that showed up. Thank you to PMB for making the long drive to drop off schwag and even hanging out to clean for a while even though he couldn't stick around to shoot. Thanks to Kyle (as always) for cooking up such an awesome lunch! Thank you to Brie and the guys at Your Buddy Stan (and other vendors) for donating the awesome prizes for the raffle. And thank you to all the safe/respectful shooters (sans one) who came up to share the beautiful weather and weapons!

Outstanding day of shooting and the pit looks great! Thank you all again!

Sun May 21, 2017 7:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was great to see you guys for the brief time I was there. Maybe next time I won't have been working all morning and can stay a little while longer.

Kyle, excellent job organizing and cooking. As always.

Mike it was great to see you again and catch up. Lame that you had some drama going down.

Pablo, it was nice to finally meet you!

Great to meet you too PMB! Thanks for driving all the way up from Mexico to Canada to clean up in the north end.

I think I met a couple more, but didn't get a chance to catch what your handles were.

Also, to the older gentleman who sat on my tailgate with me and BS'd for a bit. I hope you find a home here on waguns, you will be more than welcome!

Sun May 21, 2017 7:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next