Toothwheel+1
Sted9r+1
Dicks Mcghee+1
Bolts+1
and me

Thank you all. :bow:

Re: Shoot and clean part 2 July 8th Greenwater

Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:15 pm

:plusone: A big thanks, and sorry i couldn't be there. My Mother in Laws Funeral service was Saturday, followed by a Celebration of Life with both being in Marysville so there was no way i could make it to the cleanup.

The Son and i will make the next one though. :thumbsup2:

Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:44 am

Had a great time. We will be back for September's clean up.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:55 am

Bolts wrote:Had a great time. We will be back for September's clean up.

Thanks for coming down and helping out. Next time i'll set my steel target closer for your friend :bigsmile:

Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:57 am

No worries. It's been 30 years since he left the army. A couple more outings and we will knock the rust off. Just like anything else if you don't use it you lose it.

He did better with the optics on your rifle. So maybe it's my fault. I like iron sights and he's getting old.

Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:06 am

Went out there yesterday. 7013 was getting lanes and gravel for the parking area. The Forrest service forewoman from the clean up was really nice about telling us what was going on.
The upper put was not too bad. Shells but not a ton of trash.

We need to keep helping them clean up. They will open for areas for us if we do.

Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:31 am

Bolts wrote:Went out there yesterday. 7013 was getting lanes and gravel for the parking area. The Forrest service forewoman from the clean up was really nice about telling us what was going on.
The upper put was not too bad. Shells but not a ton of trash.

We need to keep helping them clean up. They will open for areas for us if we do.
Thanks for the update and yes we need more people to join us with these cleans. I was there last Monday and gathered 5 emails from people willing to help next time.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:19 pm

I see the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest - US Forest Service Facebook page put out a post on this cleanup. (I hope their post was about this cleanup), however, they did not say who the primary volunteers were! That kind of 'Chaps my butt'! Why don't they mention who the group was that recruited the volunteers and put forth the biggest effort?

I think WaGuns should be acknowledged for their effort and the word of responsible gun owners showing stewardship should be highly revered. So, I expressed my disappointment in them not mentioning WaGuns for their efforts. Give credit where credit is due, I've heard say.

I think they are afraid of being associated with a 'Gun' organization.

https://www.facebook.com/MtBakerSnoqualmieNF/photos/a.469240823106798.108029.448977775133103/1590914080939461/?type=3&theater

Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:38 pm

TNL wrote:I think they are afraid of being associated with a 'Gun' organization.

As far as I can tell, that's not true.

The Forest Service has been very supportive of us and our input/help, and has actively sought our collaboration on the cleanups, improvements to the area, and things such as this video that we did last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSQoTF9SlLQ

I can't comment on the recent Facebook post, but I've never gotten the impression that the Forest Service is trying to avoid being associated with us. I think they're good people. thumbsup

Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:49 pm

The way it's worded is so generic, it was probably an IT/media liason, who probably had no idea who was there and just wanted to post a good pic & report the efforts.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:51 pm

Yes, I am aware of the videos and their support for the involvement of gun organizations, however, their 'social media' people seem to be on a different page. When it comes to making a public announcement, such as this, they fall short of acknowledging who we are. It's the social media part that doesn't want to post about involvement by a gun organization.

Perhaps I'm wrong, and I always think I'm wrong when I talk to the reps in the field, however, I have rarely seen much mention of a gun organization being co-sponsors or primary contributors to an event like this by the USFS on social media.

I guess this post, without mention of WaGuns, set me off because they didn't give you credit in their post.

Bill

Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:56 pm

You know, in re-reading it, I am a bit irked by how it's worded.

"staff and volunteers clean up debris left behind by recreational shooters..."

Some anti's, or dumb politician, would take away that rec shooters are trashing the land.....not cleaning it.

Now, I'm mad.

Thanks a lot, TNL :frust:

Okay, I'll have a beverage and chill.....

Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:57 pm

I appreciate the support and everything that you do, Bill. I'm not saying that you were wrong or that the post shouldn't have included more info about the volunteers and WaGuns . . . I'm just saying that I don't think the Forest Service as a whole is anti-gun group.

Yes, maybe we need to work on the public messaging a bit more. Hopefully we'll have more folks show up for the next shoot . . . err, cleanup . . . and we can make a splash. :thumbsup2:

Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:59 pm

Well hell, didn't mean to piss you off! However, I'll join you in the drink!

Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:00 pm

TNL wrote:Well hell, didn't mean to piss you off! However, I'll join you in the drink!

Cheers, brother! :cheers2:
Post a reply