Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Green water shoot and clean 5-6-17 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Like the title says; we have a clean up setup for the 6th of MAY Saturday with the forest service. The locations will be the usual FS 70 pit 47°07'00.7"N 121°35'11.4"W and the forest clearing 7013 47.116873,-121.586499 The meet time will be at 10am at the forest clearing.

For those of you who don't know; both of these areas have been altered back in NOV to increase safety and better parking. Although the forest clearing is not completely done yet and it might be muddy depending on weather. The forest service has been very helpful and willing to work us to build more safer areas to shoot in the future but first we need to show them that we can handle cleaning up the existing areas first before we move on to make more so lets have a good turn out to show them we're serious about our recreation.

Last edited by MADrtcw on Thu May 04, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in with my son, hopefully we get some new participants this go around. A few hours of cleanup and some shooting to preserve open public pits is a worthy cause.

I haven't been up there since the last cleanup, viewtopic.php?f=60&t=71789 hopefully it hasn't gotten trashed since then.

:wagwoot:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:11 am

And of course it falls on a date that I already have plans for.

Know I'll be there in spirit. And as always, I'll be looking forward to the pics. Especially seeing as I've not been up there since any of the work's been done.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's not TOO messy, I was there earlier today.
Not enough for a dumpster, maybe a big truckload.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:29 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Will be in Montana for this one.
Hoping to make it to the one Way North later in May with the Missus and Balrog.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lets get some more volunteers people, it will be worth the shoot afterwards. :thumbsup2:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MADrtcw wrote:
The forest service has been very helpful and willing to work us to build more safer areas to shoot in the future but first we need to show them that we can handle cleaning up the existing areas first before we move on to make more so lets have a good turn out to show them we're serious about our recreation.

Exactly MADrtcw! Good work putting this together again. I'll build up a web page announcement on Trash No Land 'Events' page and help spread the word. Do you have a FB Event started on this? If so, post the link and I'll share it.

I'll be at the big Multi-Recreational Group cleanup down South in Yacolt Burn State Forest on May 6th. It's called Pick Up The Burn and I'm involved each year so I'll miss this one... darn it!

Will do what I can to encourage volunteers! Thanks all for helping keep public land open to target shooting!

Bill

Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Weather permitting (riding in the rain isn't all it's cracked up to be anymore), we'll be there.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the forest clearing looks worse than any other time. changing the layout made it worse

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The forest service has asked if there is anyone who has the ability to move some barriers when we clean up may 6 ? looks like someone didn't like the upper pit being closed.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:08 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hmmm. I have a CR-V and I'll be there . . . ?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a 25 foot Binder Chain with hooks and a 4WD truck, i think we can probably manage to do something with those Jersey barriers.
Best leave the CRV on the sidelines for this one Steve, you might break that thing. :wink05:

Ops...those pictures don't show the firing line or orientation of it so i have no idea WTF it actually looks like now from those pics.

Decent "Trash hole" and Boulder shots though. :wink05:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
I have a 25 foot Binder Chain with hooks and a 4WD truck, i think we can probably manage to do something with those Jersey barriers.
Best leave the CRV on the sidelines for this one, you might break that thing. :wink05:

Ops...those pictures don't show the firing line or orientation of it so i have no idea WTF it actually looks like now from those pics.

Decent "Trash hole" and Boulder shots though. :wink05:

That sounds like it will work to me. thumbsup

As far as the trash; it all looks to be in line or centralized in one area which will make cleanup pretty fast. I think more rakes and shovels will work better with the redesign.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bump: One week tell go time and the weather forecast is looking good. Who's else is going to be there ?

Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think it's imperative that gun owners show up in force at this cleanup. It's about respecting our right to own a gun and the privilege to exerciser that right on public land. It's about stepping up to the plate and taking on the responsibility of cleaning up the unfortunate mess left behind by a few disrespectful shooters. It's making a statement that says this is not right and we do not condone illegal, morally wrong and offensive recreational shooting behavior.

Weather you shoot at a private range, public range, hunt on private or public land, or, you simply own a gun for personal protection, you should attend this cleanup and show your appreciation to the forest service for the privilege of recreational shooting in one of our great Northwest forests.

If we want to see positive changes in shooting on public land, we need to stay actively involved with the forest service and help them manage our kind of recreation. Their resources are limited and who better to help them than Recreational Target Shooters!

So make the necessary arrangements to your schedule and make it a priority to attend this event. It's not only a good thing to do, it's the right thing and it reflects well on all gun owners. (Besides, if you've never been to a cleanup-n-shoot before, you're in for a ton of fun shooting after it's all done!)

Bill

Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next