Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Greenwater clean and shoot part 1 sat may 12 10:00am 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe "dedicated" cook staf"?
I would be more than willing to bring some food and work a grill at one of these (Though I'm not very good at it - you get what you pay for) Just a pop-up, a grill, and 1 or 2 people that wouldn't be expected to "clean" with you... You could actually have a late lunch, ready to eat, once you catch your breath, before shooting... I'm certain I can recruit a couple people to help me out. Then again, how much more do we need after that B-Fast @ The Kettle?!

So, my $.02:
To start, breakfast at the Kettle was a good call. When Madpick starts taking pictures of his breakfast, you know it's good! I think all of us got "1/2 orders" and none were disappointed!! Barely any wait - our orders came out in what, 8 minutes? Tops? And they kept the coffee flowing. Highly recommend! A+. Sadly, I'll have to go there again!

I was kinda bummed about the mud - I had planned on parking the car closer to the shooting area - had to make a couple trips for gear, table, etc. Not too far though. This was my first trip to Greenwater. It won't be my last. I really appreciate all the work that MADrtcw, Madpick and others have done to make that a great shooting spot!

I don't know how many of the people there were from the "FB thang" (vs. WaGuns) but, everybody did a great job on the cleanup! As far as I know there was no "us/them" drama - no panties were bunched this day.

I'm pretty bad with names but, It was great to see Madpick, jorgeu, -NS, Clanmccoy, GlockTherapy, MADrtcw and all the folks I talked to at the pit.

If you've ever been "on the fence" about a clean-n-shoot or a group shoot, then please, give us a try. No pressure. No scorecards. When we show up in numbers, the work goes quik-n-easy (you can stay in your comfort zone), then there's fun and fellowship!

It was a good day! Thanks all!!

Sat May 12, 2018 8:51 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention, the cleanup took under 2 hours. We started not long after 10 and I think we called it good around 11:35-11:40'ish. The forest service has other stuff to do, and when the trucks are full of trash you reach the point of sticking a fork in it; it's done.

And from what I understand, that area was particularly bad since the last cleanup was cancelled because of smoke from the fires, so I would guess the cleanup would go a little easier on a typical day. Plus, the more people come, the faster it'll finish. :thumbsup2:

Sat May 12, 2018 9:42 pm

This was my first time joining a cleanup. I think it is great to see there are people who give a shit out there. Especially after seeing the amount of crap we picked up.
I will be forced to go back to the Kettle again as the wife has heard about it and is now wanting me to take her.
It was good meeting and getting to know a few of you a little, Madpick, O_Kellog, -NS, Glocktherapy, Madrtcw and Jorgeu. I’m not sure of their names but the guy and two younger ladies that I worked with for a while nice to see youth out there too. And Martin I spoke with briefly.
Only spoke to a few others so not sure the names.
A BBQ for after sounds good but may be hard to set up as a potluck type deal.
Nice that the NFS is willing to work with us to try and keep these places open. I look forward to helping out again in the future.
All we can do is try to educate others when we are out there, as with anything the few can ruin it for the many.
Special thanks to Madpick for introducing me to his Glock setup.
Dave

Sun May 13, 2018 9:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jorgeu, (I think it was you) I will commend you on the efficiency of your little pooper scooper. That sir worked out well.

I don't know if the word "impressed" is the best choice of words, but without breaking out the thesaurus lets just say i was impressed with the public's creative choice in targets. Besides the odd chunk of Plexiglas I did find what was left of a garden gnome family.

Hope to see you all again in a month up the road at the pit.

Mon May 14, 2018 11:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

YES ! Thanks to everyone who helped out. I think we had about 25 people including forest service and it went pretty quick. I'm bad with putting a face to names/screen names but one of my e-mail contacts brought 5 people with him so much thanks for such a strong showing. Yes the area was pretty trashed but we made quick for of it and it sucked that the gate was closed but i'm sure it will be opened next time we clean that area and when it's open i'll have more steel out there for everyone to shoot at. Speaking of cleaning we have a unofficial cleanup date set for saturday Jun 23. I'll post another thread once its official.

On another note we have some interesting developments happening in regards to recreation in the white river area section of the mount baker/ snoqualmie forest. I'll be creating another thread about it and we'll need as many people as we can to give their two cents to the forest service about it. In short it's about future development of possible new shooting areas and enhancing existing ones or shutting down others. So if you think you might have a good spot in mind for development or when you're in the area scout some places.

Mon May 14, 2018 11:33 am

Sounds like a good day, and the breakfast looks great!
Never been to the kettle I’m gonna have to rectify that.
My bro-in-law and I are going to try to make it to the next one, and breakfast too!

Fri May 18, 2018 11:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

tomgun wrote:
Sounds like a good day, and the breakfast looks great!
Never been to the kettle I’m gonna have to rectify that.
My bro-in-law and I are going to try to make it to the next one, and breakfast too!

Not official yet but we're planning on cleaning up the 70 rock pit come june 23. just waiting for the forest service to give us the green light.

Sat May 19, 2018 8:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Update for June 23?

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

san wrote:
Update for June 23?
yeah that doesn’t look like it’s going to happen. I never did here back from the forest service about it. I’ll e-mail them again this week. I wish communication was a bit better.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6