Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:02 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Gun Rights Rally SATURDAY APRIL 21 in Olympia 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mtnwkr wrote:

And there we are! (First photo, right side, between the two khaki vests: Wolf is the sunlit grey beard with the NRA hat on, I'm the knee visible seated on the steps to the left.)

Renaissance Woman: I do everything, just not very well. I can shoot (modern/blackpowder), sew, ride (motor/horse), cook, make fire (flint & steel), spin, weld (oxy/acetylene), knit, weave, brew (beer/wine), and bake. I've ground my own grain, made my own cheese, and sewed my own moccasins. Good enuf?

Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you look wa-a-ay down to the bottom left of that last picture.... you still can't see me, but that's where Ray and I were standing.

What a beautiful day. I was certain it was going to be rainy, windy and less than enjoyable when I left this morning, but a HUGE stack of pancakes and eggs (and two scrawny sausages) and a lot of sunshine made it a good day.

Rousing speeches and introductions from (IMO) a couple of viable candidates to take on Cantwell.

Oh yeah.... conservative women.... while we were eating breakfast a blonde hottie rushed over to our table and was fawning over me... she just HAD to show me her ring made from a .38SPL case. :inlove:

The waitress was crushed when I had to leave, too. Story of my life, guys...

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
If you look wa-a-ay down to the bottom left of that last picture.... you still can't see me, but that's where Ray and I were standing.

What a beautiful day. I was certain it was going to be rainy, windy and less than enjoyable when I left this morning, but a HUGE stack of pancakes and eggs (and two scrawny sausages) and a lot of sunshine made it a good day.

Rousing speeches and introductions from (IMO) a couple of viable candidates to take on Cantwell.

Oh yeah.... conservative women.... while we were eating breakfast a blonde hottie rushed over to our table and was fawning over me... she just HAD to show me her ring made from a .38SPL case. :inlove:

Did you at least get her number?

Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

Yeah, you were lucky to escape with your virtue, Jim !!

Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Damn, I’m sad I missed this! At least I got to stand around in the rain for the one last week.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:17 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

What a great day! I'm glad I went. thumbsup

Sometimes I stop and wonder why I should attend these rallies. At some level, it's just standing around BS'ing and listening to people speak, so is it really accomplishing anything? But then when I go, it feels right -- just being there to support others, to touch base with other WaGunners and other 2A supporters, to be another body filling a gap when the TV cameras show up, and especially to motivate myself.

Today the rally started with a woman who belted out the Star-Spangled Banner; she did GREAT and obviously enjoyed herself all the way through it. It was inspiring!

Then we had a high school junior step up to the microphone. He led the crowd in the Pledge of Allegiance, then gave an inspiring speech about how he's fighting an uphill battle for our rights in his school and on social media, but he's fighting it anyhow. He was obviously nervous in front of the microphone and even said so, but it takes big giant balls to address a crowd that size, and he rocked it!

Then we moved on to some very good speakers, and some that weren't as good, but it was cool to hear from all of them. Some were politicians, and it was reassuring to hear that we have good people like that in Olympia. We had a speaker from the Pink Pistols, the pro-2A LGBTQ group, and it was GREAT to hear her get a warm reception from the crowd. No matter how you feel about it, folks, we need all of the allies we can get!

I was happy to see a good WaGuns turnout, too. I carpooled with kellybachand, and once we got there we saw Massivedesign, JCrabtree, Dave Workman, TINCANBANDIT, sigman226, O_Kellogg, texnambition, golddigger14s, jukk0u, Leatherneck, usrifle, usrifle-jr, Sparkeee1978, amlee16v and [I forgot his username, Steve]. Allegedly Arisaka was there, but he managed to avoid me. :bruce: I know Mercy and graywolf were there, but I didn't see them either.

:wagwoot:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:37 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh, I have to post this too. I have all kinds of messed-up double imaging in this photo, but this girl cracked me up!

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Aryeh Rohde Jr. HS Student who stood up to the sheep at his school, and marched for gun rights.
https://youtu.be/hf3UpPrhOB4

Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
What a great day! I'm glad I went. thumbsup

Sometimes I stop and wonder why I should attend these rallies. At some level, it's just standing around BS'ing and listening to people speak, so is it really accomplishing anything? But then when I go, it feels right -- just being there to support others, to touch base with other WaGunners and other 2A supporters, to be another body filling a gap when the TV cameras show up, and especially to motivate myself.

I understand, just like the customers I talk to at work. We are all standing on the same soapbox, but we need to keep reminding ourselves what we are fighting for. When we get together as a group we get re-energized out of our complacency.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson" :patriot:

Last edited by golddigger14s on Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not all of the yutes have been successfully brainwashed. Great speech!

"...I mean, who marches to take away their rights?! I just think that's kind of wierd!"

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

** Confirmed Speakers
Organizer/ MC: Tessa Ashley
Opening Prayer: Chief Ben Charles, Lower Elwha Tribe
***National Anthem: Kerry French
***Pledge of Allegiance: Aryeh Rohde
***Seattle Pink Pistol- Sharyn Hinchcliffe
***Robert J Sutherland- 39th District Candidate
***Marty McClendon (Former Lt. Gov. Candidate)
***Jered Gavin- 05 District Candidate
***Elizabeth Scott- 39th Senator Candidate
*** Rep. Jim Walsh - 19th district
***Tiffany De Leon- Libertarian State Vice Chair
***Joey Gibson- US Senate Candidate
***Tyler Miller- Initiative 1621 Secure Safe Schools
***Naomi Evans- 26th District Candidate
***Jodie Wilke- 24th district district Candidate
*** Aryeh Rohde- Highschool Student that led a counter protest for "March For Our Lives" @ S.Whidbey Island H.S
***Allen Acosta- Libertarians MC/ Gun Rights Coalition
***Kyle Paskewitz- Founder of Family Court Reform Nation
***Randy Vanaddisson- Former Air Marshall

Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:44 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for posting that, Chuck.

I thought that Kerry French totally kicked ass with the national anthem. thumbsup

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:48 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

BTW, I keep editing my post above to add people that I forgot to mention . . . let me know in an angry, unpleasant way if I forgot to include you.

Like usrifle did. :ROFLMAO:

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
BTW, I keep editing my post above to add people that I forgot to mention . . . let me know in an angry, unpleasant way if I forgot to include you.

Like usrifle did. :ROFLMAO:

You forgot my Son too! :cussing: :gibbs:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next