Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:34 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
 WaGuns goes to SHOT - 2019 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Attachment:
correction01.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's just wrong.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:21 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pablo wrote:
That's just wrong.

.... But it felt... So right.

Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Pablo wrote:
That's just wrong.

Only so many nights to choose hookers, and that was best?

Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:28 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pablo wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
Pablo wrote:
That's just wrong.

All that and he paid ME $51 bucks!

Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:43 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
Pablo wrote:
That's just wrong.

All that and he paid ME $51 bucks!

Probably because according to him/her you just talked.

Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:45 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

While I wait for my painstakingly slow photo upload I'd like to talk about a suppressor company that was a bit of an enigma at SHOT this year.

As we walked around industry day at the range this year I began to notice quite a few firearms adorned with a strangely bulbous and intriguing looking muzzle device. My first thought was "suppressor?" But these odd looking lumps hanging off the end of so many barrels certainly did not fit the mold for a traditional suppressor. They were short, stubby, and much wider in circumference than your traditional suppressor. Upon closer inspection I could vaguely make out the name "Ellison." I asked the rep at Eotech's table what he could tell me about them. He replied "not much, I think they're 3d printed." 3d printed steel suppressors? Ok, you've got my attention now Ellison.

Further research brought me to Ellison Dynamic Concepts. https://www.ellisondc.com/home/ To put it lightly their page is about as vague as the Eotech rep's response. But it seems their approach is aimed at producing shorter, lighter suppressors at affordable prices that don't disrupt the weight balance of a rifle as much as a traditional long, heavy metal suppressor. It appears cost is kept low by 3d printing using inconel and direct thread mounting.

That's about the extent of what I can tell you about Ellison suppressors. We were told that they did not have a booth at SHOT but were walking around the show. Unfortunately, our paths did not cross. I fear this review might leave you with more questions than answers. What I CAN tell you is, I shot through their suppressors. They were both lightweight and very effective at noise reduction. I don't know how much they cost. I can't find any for sale yet. All I know is that they have direct thread 5.56 and .30cal models, and they work!

Looking forward to seeing these suppressors hit the market soon!

(Photos taken from Ellisondc.com because I was too busy ogling to take any pics)

Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mike.....

so this is a (real) suppressor or a mock-up one? stamp required?

it piques me!!

Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
Did you guys see "Canmunition" from Global Ordnance?

https://canmunition.com/

There was some hinky ammo vendor in the center of controversy over unsafe ammo... and this name rings familiar (Global Ordnance)... am I confusing the two or is there some connection?

In any event, I NEEEEEED a can of this for the shelf in the man-cave if for no other reason than the cheesy prepper branding.

I saw it, but not at their booth. There was a group of guys in suits laughing about it, and like a nosey reporter I stuck my face in the group and chuckled along with. I expected to make it to their booth, but alas, did not.
I love quirky things like that that don't exaggerate the price too far, which this one seems to have kept their heads about them.
https://globalordnance.com/worlds-first ... 003223001/

Was about to buy some just for fun, but $13 for shipping....................NO!

Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hazmat fees? What is the price of shipping on a sixpack?

EDIT: It's a flat rate. Split shipping?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Last edited by jukk0u on Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:09 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

cmica wrote:
mike.....

so this is a (real) suppressor or a mock-up one? stamp required?

it piques me!!

It's the real deal. Kgbsucka and I both shot .308 through the 7.62 version

Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

3-d Inconel, no less.
This is very interesting.
I took a tour of Blue Origins last year. Ya know, the space rocket company in Kent?
They were laser sintering powdered Inconel onto a 6-foot diameter engine nozzle along with 3-d printing all kinds of valves out of it as well.
So if it could hold up to rocket exhaust, a suppressor would be easy.

Sinus211 wrote:
While I wait for my painstakingly slow photo upload I'd like to talk about a suppressor company that was a bit of an enigma at SHOT this year.

As we walked around industry day at the range this year I began to notice quite a few firearms adorned with a strangely bulbous and intriguing looking muzzle device. My first thought was "suppressor?" But these odd looking lumps hanging off the end of so many barrels certainly did not fit the mold for a traditional suppressor. They were short, stubby, and much wider in circumference than your traditional suppressor. Upon closer inspection I could vaguely make out the name "Ellison." I asked the rep at Eotech's table what he could tell me about them. He replied "not much, I think they're 3d printed." 3d printed steel suppressors? Ok, you've got my attention now Ellison.

Further research brought me to Ellison Dynamic Concepts. https://www.ellisondc.com/home/ To put it lightly their page is about as vague as the Eotech rep's response. But it seems their approach is aimed at producing shorter, lighter suppressors at affordable prices that don't disrupt the weight balance of a rifle as much as a traditional long, heavy metal suppressor. It appears cost is kept low by 3d printing using inconel and direct thread mounting.

That's about the extent of what I can tell you about Ellison suppressors. We were told that they did not have a booth at SHOT but were walking around the show. Unfortunately, our paths did not cross. I fear this review might leave you with more questions than answers. What I CAN tell you is, I shot through their suppressors. They were both lightweight and very effective at noise reduction. I don't know how much they cost. I can't find any for sale yet. All I know is that they have direct thread 5.56 and .30cal models, and they work!

Looking forward to seeing these suppressors hit the market soon!

(Photos taken from Ellisondc.com because I was too busy ogling to take any pics)

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:03 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Isildur wrote:
3-d Inconel, no less.
I took a tour of Blue Origins last year. Ya know, the space rocket company in Kent?
They were laser sintering powdered Inconel onto a 6-foot diameter engine nozzle along with 3-d printing all kinds of valves out of it as well.

From the Ellison page:

Ellison wrote:
Who We Are

Ellison Dynamic Concepts was born from a love for everything firearms. We are passionate about creating new products and inspiring innovation in the marketplace. Coming from a company with 30 years of aerospace manufacturing experience, EDC has the manufacturing and quality experience to deliver excellence and innovation within our products. Our mission is to treat others how we want to be treated and to deliver products that we want to use.

Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So the new Hi-point... TFB did an article on it and apparently was able to lure a Hi-point rep to their hotel room...

The rep showed up with a few 3D printed proto-types.

Plastic frame... Zamak slide (I guess this is an aluminum, zinc and copper alloy) it has it's pitfalls.

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/thread ... like-Zamac

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
Isildur wrote:
3-d Inconel, no less.

From the Ellison page:

Ellison wrote:
Who We Are

Ellison Dynamic Concepts was born from a love for everything firearms. We are passionate about creating new products and inspiring innovation in the marketplace. Coming from a company with 30 years of aerospace manufacturing experience, EDC has the manufacturing and quality experience to deliver excellence and innovation within our products. Our mission is to treat others how we want to be treated and to deliver products that we want to use.

Looks a little different from last year's:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/201 ... -concepts/

Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next