Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:46 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Ruger 10/22 Receiver Group Buy 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OK here is the deal

These are steel receivers, they were made by Kingston Armory to go into their M1 Garand tribute guns, Kingston went under and Front Line Armory bought the receivers and is now selling them on gun broker. I have purchased two of them and they fit just like the factory ones. The benefit is that you can blue these if you like, down side is they are a little heavier.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/819686950

The seller has agreed to a price of $50 each including shipping. You can get them in the white (which I am doing) or parkerized black.

I have made arrangements with Brad's Guns and South Sound Guns, you need to let me know which shop you want them sent to.

Brad's will charge $25 per transfer, up to four receivers

South Sound is not charging anything (FYI South Sound Guns is in Lacey on Sleater Kinney Road, might be worth the drive to save $25)

I am paying for all of these on my credit card, so I need payment from all buyers asap

I can take paypal at knuckleheadcc@comcast.net, just put your name and screen name, do not use the word gun or waguns or 10/22 or anything related to guns

If you want to send cash or check, PM me for my address.

You will be responsible for the "use tax" or whatever you call it

If you are interested please respond so I can get an accurate count.

Thanks

Here is the tally
TINCANBANDIT - four (4) to Brad's
MadPick - two (2) Parkerized to South Sound Guns - Paid
Rutilate - five (5) bare steel to South Sound Guns - Paid
Old Growth - two (2) Parkerized to South Sound Guns - Paid
db-elwood - one (1) Parkerized, one (1) bare steel to Brad's Guns - Paid
BMW2 - one (1) Parkerized to Brad's - Payment pending
Yukonjon - two (2) Parkerized to Brad's Guns - Paid
Capn Blood - four (4) Parkerized to South Sound Guns - Paid

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Last edited by TINCANBANDIT on Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:07 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:08 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here is what the receivers look like parkerized:

Here is what they were going to be put on, these have never had a barrel attached or installed in a gun, so they are not rifle receivers and can be used for a pistol build

here is what they look like with a high polished blued finish

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

Last edited by TINCANBANDIT on Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:26 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In for at least two. How well do these polish up to get that nice stainless look.....and would you be willing to do a group buy with hot bluing ?

Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What do you mean by white? Looked at pics and sellers other listings, didn’t see any others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’m in for at least one possibly two!!!

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

chich627 wrote:
What do you mean by white? Looked at pics and sellers other listings, didn’t see any others.

"In the White" means bare steel

Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:15 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
"In the White" means bare steel

Ahh, thanks.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:11 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Is there any possibility of having a batch of them shipped to South Sound Guns for people on the south end??

Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:58 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rutilate wrote:
Is there any possibility of having a batch of them shipped to South Sound Guns for people on the south end??

I will look into that

Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:06 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In for 2

Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:34 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

This sounds like a horrible idea. I don't even like 10/22s, and this will end up costing me a lot of money.

I'm in for two, parkerized.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How much to blue a raw one?

Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OK I have made arrangements with Brad's Guns and South Sound Guns, you need to let me know which shop you want them sent to.

Brad's will charge $25 per transfer, up to four receivers

South Sound is not charging anything (FYI South Sound Guns is in Lacey on Sleater Kinney Road, might be worth the drive to save $25)

I am paying for all of these on my credit card, so I need payment from all buyers asap

I can take paypal at knuckleheadcc@comcast.net, just put your name and screen name, do not use the word gun or waguns or 10/22 or anything related to guns

If you want to send cash or check, PM me for my address.

I'll keep an updated post on who is buying, and where they want the receiver(s) shipped to.

Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:05 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

as for the bluing, I may consider doing another bluing party

everyone chips in a few dollars to cover propane and chemicals and we share the work load and blue a bunch of receivers.

Keep in mind there are only 47 of these receivers available and only a few (not sure how many) that are not parkerized. Parkerizing can be removed though, just means extra work.

Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:08 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Other than price, is there an advantage to one of these receivers over a Brownells receiver?

Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next