Switch to full style
Group buys put on by other members for other members.
Post a reply

Re: Group buy on large capacity mags

Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:33 am

what is the M118 mag vs regular? Are M3s really worth the cost over M2s?

Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:17 pm

joao01 wrote:what is the M118 mag vs regular? Are M3s really worth the cost over M2s?

The M118 is made with slightly larger inner dims to accommodate loads with an OAL > SAAMI spec (mostly the heavy bullets). If you're shooting factory-loaded 168gr or even 175gr, it's probably not necessary.

M3 is supposedly superior in terms of material (polymer is stronger than M2), but there is nothing wrong with the M2. I know some people have said that M2 is prone to expansion/distortion in extreme heat, and particularly the FDE for whatever reason, but I've never had issues with mine (black or FDE), and I've used the hell out of them (though not in 100+ degree heat).

Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:45 pm

Guns4Liberty wrote:Lanbos has some good prices on Magpul PMAGs right now, and not just 5.56:

https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3&sort=20a&filter_id=314&caliber=&alpha_filter_id=0

use code:FACEBOOK to get $5 off. 1 use per customer. orders over $100.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:30 am

hkcavalier wrote:
AR15L wrote:
oldkim wrote:So who is doing a group buy on large capacity mags?

Just asking for a friend...

Oh, who makes the best ones?

Are we talking .223 AR platform?

Whatever the weapon, stay away from ProMag.

True in most cases but not all. For instance their MKA 1919 mags rock, and for years were the only inexpensive 10 rd mags for this gun

Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:03 pm

Yeah, high/large capacity means above standard to me. Drums and extendos. I would like to pick up an AK drum, Magpul drum, and even a Scorpion drum, but we just had some transients move into the woods near by, so I'm upping my security right now.

Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:13 am

Benja455 wrote:Anyone know an online retailer with a good price on Magpul 7.62/.308 magazines?

https://dkfirearms.com/product-category ... magazines/

Ordered from these guys a couple weeks ago, no issues. Little shop in Bowling Green, VA with an online storefront.
Post a reply