Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:06 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Rigid Molle Panel Inserts 

I bought a Vertx Commuter XL 2.0 bag for my 10.5" AR pistol. Love the bag, the discreet carry compartment is excellent, but i was underwhelmed by the main "admin" compartment. It's so big, but has no hook & loop backing to stick pouches to, which seems like a missed opportunity. I wanted to get a rigid molle insert for it, but nobody makes one for that size of compartment (26"x11").

Fortunately, I know a guy with a CNC machine and a passion for oddball projects. Today we finished cutting a prototype panel for the bag, and it fits really well. There are a few design changes I'll be making to tighten things up, but overall I'm really pleased with it.

The material we used is 1/4" Lexan - its durable enough to take a beating, very light weight, and being transparent it lets you take advantage of the contrasting color of the bag's interior.

Just wanted to drop this in here and see if anyone else might be in need of one of these. To make one finished panel is about $120, but if multiple people are interested I can do a bulk buy of materials, which would cut down the cost significantly. See pics below, and PM me if interested.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's cool. Can't say I'm in need of one, but if I was, I'd be all over this!

Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]