Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:41 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Closed - Magpul D-60s, $99 each for 8. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Edit: this was a year ago guys...

Last edited by scrid2000 on Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:23 am

I just put one up in for $100

Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone want to go in for another order?

Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

xcbassx wrote:
Anyone want to go in for another order?
Not sure why I didn’t see this before. I would buy one.

Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’m in for one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I will just throw this out there...

The drums seem like a good idea, and I love Magpul products as much as the next guy, but they really aren't very practical at all. They're heavy, difficult to load, and awkward to carry. The Surefire 60-rd, on the other hand, is lighter, easier to load, and easier to carry (there are multiple options for mag pouches). So, with price being equal, which it appears to be, my recommendation would be to pick up a Surefire (or 3) instead. Just something to consider.

Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:38 pm

Arranging a meet would be a challenge, but I gave you a plug in the Mag Deals thread. :)

Where D-60s shine other than making Grabbers shit their lacy pink panties is in static-position applications, it's like the mag has a small built-in bipod. Some of the FBI Critical Incident guys who were guarding the 2016 inauguration were rocking these in their 11.5" CQB AR's.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the info. Nothing wrong with having both haha. I live in Orting and work in Bellevue so I could meet along the way.

Is there a strong feeling one way or another towards Surfire or zmagpul?

Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:56 pm

Frankly--bear in mind my background is academic study rather than practical experience--if I'm holed up in the Panic Room behind a chokepoint where it's a Free Fire Zone and anything not wearing a blue uniform is a Hostile, D60s all the way. If I'm having to go out prowling-and-growling to round up kids/guests/etc and get them to the safe room, jungle-coupled pairs of 30-round Pmags or USGI's all the way.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:

The drums seem like a good idea, and I love Magpul products as much as the next guy, but they really aren't very practical at all. They're heavy, difficult to load, and awkward to carry. The Surefire 60-rd, on the other hand, is lighter, easier to load, and easier to carry (there are multiple options for mag pouches). So, with price being equal, which it appears to be, my recommendation would be to pick up a Surefire (or 3) instead. Just something to consider.

Ever ran steel case in a surefire? It was the bane of the pair I owned so ended up going back to 30 pmags. Totally agree with the bulkiness of drums, but have never had issues with .223 tula.

Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

chuckisduck wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:

Ever ran steel case in a surefire? It was the bane of the pair I owned so ended up going back to 30 pmags. Totally agree with the bulkiness of drums, but have never had issues with .223 tula.

Steel-cased? :throwup:

I won't run steel in an AR. That garbage is meant for the AK. :bigsmile:

I have never encountered a failure with the Surefire. I know some people say they have, and I don't doubt their stories. I just think it makes a good argument for testing all your mags before betting your life on them. If they run great, keep 'em. If they're jam factories, dump 'em.

Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
chuckisduck wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:

Steel-cased? :throwup:

I won't run steel in an AR. That garbage is meant for the AK. :bigsmile:

I have never encountered a failure with the Surefire. I know some people say they have, and I don't doubt their stories. I just think it makes a good argument for testing all your mags before betting your life on them. If they run great, keep 'em. If they're jam factories, dump 'em.

Shooting steel plates at 75 yards, why spend the extra?

I think surefire silently changed their design a few years back or some QA thing. The two I had back in AZ were junk but have heard much better more recent experience.

2nd that about trying them before. Magguts came in right on time for the edc for tomorrow.

Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]