Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:52 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 80% AR10 (.308) lower group buy! 
FFL / Dealer

Hey guys,

We've had quite a few group buys recently with the AR15 80% lowers and are now getting a lot of inquiries regarding the AR10 80% lowers. The prices below reflect the cost of 1 AR10 80% lower, which INCLUDES a single color of Cerakote in the color of your choice (in-stock colors only. Colors not carried in-stock are subject to a $25 fee). Please email us at info@madcustomcoating.com for questions or to place your order or you can call us at 360-545-3097. You can view our website at http://www.madcustomcoating.com to see color options and view our galleries.

Price:
80% AR10 lower with single color Cerakote - $200

Here is how it works:
1. Place an order with us for the amount of lowers you want
2. Pick up the lowers from us (or we can ship them - shipping fees will apply)
3. Mill out the remaining 20% of the lower (you can order a jig from us for $82 or we can recommend a machine shop to you and they will walk you through how to use their CNC machine to mill out the receiver)
4. Bring back or send the lower to us for coating

AR10 80% lower specs:
- Billet receiver machined from T6 7075 aluminum
- Uses standard AR10 parts
- Comes with bolt catch screw
- Integrated oversized trigger guard (great for shooting with gloves)
- Beveled magwell
- Made in the USA

Jigs can be purchased separately for $85. If you want to mill the rest of your lower on a CNC machine we recommend using Wynakos Machine in Monroe. They do really good work and charge $60 to teach you how to mill the rest of the lower and for the use of their CNC machine.

The deadline to get your order in is January 31st!
Payment is due before January 31st. We accept cash or credit card. If you are paying by card we will email you an invoice and you can pay online. Sales tax will be collected if paying by credit card.

Thanks,

MAD Custom Coating
360-545-3097
info@madcustomcoating.com
http://www.madcustomcoating.com

Last edited by MADCustomCoating on Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:18 am
Founding Father
Founding Father

Cost without coating?

Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:42 am
FFL / Dealer

TacticalAssault wrote:
Cost without coating?

It's a package deal. There's no option without a coating.

Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:53 am
Founding Father
Founding Father

MADCustomCoating wrote:
TacticalAssault wrote:
Cost without coating?

Too bad.

Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:17 pm

TacticalAssault wrote:
MADCustomCoating wrote:
TacticalAssault wrote:
Cost without coating?

Too bad.

I agree

Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:35 pm
FFL / Dealer

redtazdog wrote:
TacticalAssault wrote:
MADCustomCoating wrote:
TacticalAssault wrote:
Cost without coating?

Too bad.

I agree

Check out our galleries. You will not be disappointed with the coatings we offer: www.madcustomcoating.com/gallery

Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:06 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think the reason why some people are hesitant is because 1) A lot of people do their own finishing and 2) Having to go to Poulsbo multiple times makes the cost of this lower much more than just buying one and having it shipped to your door.

Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:14 am
Profile WWW
FFL / Dealer

Massivedesign wrote:
I think the reason why some people are hesitant is because 1) A lot of people do their own finishing and 2) Having to go to Poulsbo multiple times makes the cost of this lower much more than just buying one and having it shipped to your door.

We have numerous out of state customers that we ship back and forth to, so there is no need to make any trips to Poulsbo if we are far away from you. There is a big difference between a DIY coating job and a coating job from MAD Custom Coating. There is no comparison. The quality produced at our shop is superior even to other professional shops. We also guarantee everything we coat. We guarantee that the coating will never chip, crack, peel or flake off. Cerakote will wear slowly over time, but when applied correctly it will never chip, crack, peel or flake off.

Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just an interjection (for what it's worth): I've checked out Mad's work and it is top notch, the best I've seen yet. I wouldn't hesitate having them do any and all of my work. I'm going to have them work over one of my rifles very soon. I wasn't even considering it until I had a look at what they do.

Μολὼν λαβέ

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly. Also, please forgive my spelling or grammatical errors. If my post doesn't make sense or is not amusing, it's technology's fault and most certainly not operator ɹoɹɹǝ. Thank You

Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:58 pm
FFL / Dealer

Thank you for your compliments Lew. Let us know when you're ready.

We've been asked a few times what style lower we are selling and they are the DPMS SR-25 style.

Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:06 pm
FFL / Dealer

Don't forget! The deadline to get your orders in is January 31, 2014!

Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:

There are probably an equal number of people that don't do their own finishing and don't really pay attention to the expense just so they can have a firearm that has no Serial Number.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever done an "80%" then come in contact with a LEO that wants to know why there's no Ser. No.??

Would also like to know how it works, shipping a lower back and forth. UPS? Fedex? USPS? Anyone ever run afoul of the carrier's and their firearms policy? WE know that without a serial number it's not really a "firearm" but DO THEY KNOW?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do you still offer the AR-15 lowers?
Thanks
:bruce:

There are times when the situation as it occurs, dictates the course of actions that follow.

"I stand for the National Anthem, always have, always will"

On days like this, I often wonder what Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart would do...

Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:42 pm
FFL / Dealer

SFCRMSA wrote:
Do you still offer the AR-15 lowers?
Thanks
:bruce:

We currently do not have any group buys going on at this time for the AR15 lowers, but we do have several in stock at our shop. They are $175 each and include a coating in a single color.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:18 am
FFL / Dealer

deadshot2 wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

There are probably an equal number of people that don't do their own finishing and don't really pay attention to the expense just so they can have a firearm that has no Serial Number.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever done an "80%" then come in contact with a LEO that wants to know why there's no Ser. No.??

Would also like to know how it works, shipping a lower back and forth. UPS? Fedex? USPS? Anyone ever run afoul of the carrier's and their firearms policy? WE know that without a serial number it's not really a "firearm" but DO THEY KNOW?

Haven't come in contact with any LEO yet. As far as shipping goes if you're shipping a complete firearm then USPS won't touch it. We personally use FedEx for all our shipments. So far they are the most reliable and gun friendly (our local UPS store will not touch anything firearm related and if you tell them it's not a firearm they will make you cut open the box so they can see). I haven't had any issues with FedEx whether it's shipping a complete firearm or just parts. If you're just shipping a lower (even though we know it's considered the "firearm" FedEx considers it parts because it's not a complete firearm. Therefore, you don't need to tell them what it is and you can go in there with it all boxed up and ship it ground.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next