Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:37 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Restoration of firearms rights..a how to 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The state and counties make this as easy as they can, there is no need for an attorney, so save a thousand dollars and file yourself for only 240.00 plus 20 for WSP records.
I just did this for a person who is renting from me. So damn simple a monkey could do it.

The first thing you want to do is go to the WSP records website > https://fortress.wa.gov/wsp/watch/
You want to establish a new account if you have a debit card and follow the instructions. The cost for this records search is 10 bucks. Over at the left will be a tab for a certified copy request to be mailed to you. ( another 10 bucks) The website says 7-14 days. Expect it in the mail in about a day or two. They are really fast.
Next go here > http://www.spokanecounty.org/superiorco ... spx?c=1105
Print ALL the forms. Even the PDF instructions. The DOCS you will need are in word, so you can type in what you need before printing.( It is just checking boxes pretty much) Just print one copy. Take some white out and cover where it says SPOKANE county. Unless of course you are in that county. Print neatly the county for which you are filling.( SPOKANE county is free, other counties charge as much as 10 dollars for this packet this is why we are using Spokane's :thumbsup2: Then go to kinkos or something and make 3 copies of everything for yourself. take one copy of everything stapled together minus the declaration of service page,
Then go file it at the count court house. The counties charge 240.00 bucks for this. SAVE THE RECIEPT Take the declaration of service page and another set of copies and go hand carry to the county prosecutor. Bring a buddy. You cant serve if you are the petitioner. Have your buddy fill out the service page and go take that back to the clerks office were you just filed your original packet.
Write down the case number they give you. Pick a date for court 2 months ( no less) from your file date, then wait for court. While you are waiting you will get a letter from the county in wich you filed. It will say the state has no objection to you having firearms, if of course you meet all the conditions stated in your packet info page. The judge will get a copy of this also, but bring your to court with you, bring everything, sometimes public employees lose shit.
Dress nice, get a fucking hair cut.
The judge will say okay and smash his gavel. Rare that they do not. Then take the judges order and email it to the WSP records section. The court will snail mail it, but you can email it for a 3 or 4 day time saver. The WSP will update your state and FBI data base in about a day. Then go get your concealed carry permit or just go buy a damn gun off WAGUNS.
Any questions PM me. I know it sounds confusing but it aint.
And you just saved around $900.00..and did it faster than an attorney. Thats gun money.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Has anyone done this since I posted years ago?.....Just curious. let me know

Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jesus christ I've been looking for this for weeks. Thanks for bumping.

Was trying to find this page about two years ago when a coworker said he was going to hire a lawyer (stolen vehicle 30 years ago).

Another coworker could use it. Thanks, man. Looks simple enough.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bookmarked (just in case :wink05: ).

Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:51 pm

You can run into snags if the crime was committed in commiefornia for example where they have felonies that are not the same as Washington state.

Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Without reading all the legal jargon, can most people get their rights back?
Say for instance, like murder 2 or so, is it even possible?

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:30 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

hartcreek wrote:
You can run into snags if the crime was committed in commiefornia for example where they have felonies that are not the same as Washington state.

Can Debbie you go into further detail on the which felonies Downer might be included in your example?

Awesome post Munchie! Great info!

Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:

Who are you planning on snuffing out? :ROFLMAO:

I believe for it to be this easy it has to be for felonies considered "nonviolent" so M2 would probably take a bit more than the simple process above.

Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bearhunter99 wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:

Who are you planning on snuffing out? :ROFLMAO:

I believe for it to be this easy it has to be for felonies considered "nonviolent" so M2 would probably take a bit more than the simple process above.

A dude at work. However he sort of spent some time in captivity for using a pistol in a not nice way.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:46 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I never saw this thread but I had some issues myself and had to get restoration as it was cheaper/easier than fighting.

Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unfortunately, both of the links are dead ends now

Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]