Switch to full style
Post up your tips, tricks, load data and setups here.
Post a reply

RCBS Primer Pocket Swager

Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:44 am

I just recieved my RCBS primer pocket swager this afternoon. The set up was easy and I have 1000 .223 cases done already. I can not attest to a Dillon unit but this thing plain works. On the discussion of the Dillion unit someone stated that they had cases stick in the die. I just do not see how that can possibly happen if you have the tool set up properly. Set up properly I feed the case into the die and then move the press handle and continue to swage and then move the handle up with a fluid motion. The swaged case gets stuck on the swage but when you move the handle to the top with a bit of speed the case is popped loose by this bushing that fits over the swager. I could just feed then from a tray in to the unit and let them pop off and fall into a cardboard box.

Re: RCBS Primer Pocket Swager

Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:04 am

I swagged thousands of casescwith my RCBS swagger. I bought a Dillion swagger but haven't used it yet. I do have a bunch of range brass to swag when I have extra time.

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:13 am

I've been happy with mine

So far I've done about half of a 5 gallon buckets worth of 5.56

Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:43 am

I've gone through a few different swaging methods. Used the RCBS Primer Pocker Swager 2 set up in my single stage press, but recently switched to the Swage-It installed in place of my primer assembly on my 550. Speeds up the process quite a bit.
Post a reply