Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:36 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Feeding a Winchester 1886 45-70 notes and issues. 

usrifle wrote:
I'm not one to punish myself, so i'll keep the velocities down personally. Especially off the bench. If you push those rounds out at 1600-1700 fps, let me know how that feels after a few.
1900 fps? I want to watch. :popcorn:

Keep watching this thread, I'm sure you'll hear me grumble about it. But its gonna have to wait till next week because I didn't go today....

So yesterday was a long grind but I got it all done. I am really starting to like loading straight wall cases, it just seams to go easier. But anyways after retesting the case capacity I settled on four trailboss charges of 14, 15, 16, and 17.0grs for the first 20 cases. These 20 cases are on their 4 loading now. With those done I moved to the second set of 14 cases. These are on their 2nd loading and were split 5/5/4. For the IMR 4195 charges I went with 32.0, 34.7, and 37.3 grains for the last four. The 37.3gr is listed as being 1600fps in the shorter barrel so we shall see if these plated bullets hold together. :popcorn:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2