Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:14 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Help with brass cleaning 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The SS pins are the ticket for clean brass.
I don't use the dry tumbler any more.
The primer pockets and the inside of the cases come out clean as a whistle.
Unless the brass is really disgusting I deprime all of it before it goes inbto the Lyman wet tumbler.
If it is really crappy looking I will put it in thevwet tumbler for 1/2 an hour and let it dry up. Them deprime it and the retumble it for an hour to an hour & a half.
I use 1/2 a teaspoon of LemiShine Booster, a cap of Armor All Wash & Wax and a squirt of Blue Dawn dish soap.

No matter how clean the brass cases are the water always comes out black for the case scum.
I dump it out in the flower beds.
After the hour or so tumble I drain the water out of the drum. Fill it back up and tumble again in just clean water.
Dump the water & cases in a gallon bucket.
Drain that gray water and put fresh water in the bucket.
Then grab a hand full of cases in my left hand snd take two at a time in my right hand & hold thrm neck down. Swish them unbthe water so the pins fall out and put them on my drying racks.
After I get them on the drying racks I hit them with my air hose to get most of the water off of the cases. On nice sunny days I let them sit out on the picnic table to finnish drying. On crappy days I put them inside the back laundry room on top of our dogs kennel to dry. I let them sit for two days this way.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
Wow thanks guys.

My brass is not as dirty as the ones in your videos John, nowhere near... :bigsmile:

Steve, I went through your whole thread brother and the only reason I am not wet tumbling now is because I don’t have a utility sink in my shop, or the house for that matter. I’m not about to be pourin that crap the old ladies sink, I may be a caveman but I ain’t stupid. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Scott, I’m down for a meet in Oly on Thursday or I may be heading to Bonny Lake this week if my daughter pops out granddaughter #2.... :ROFLMAO: I could meet you in Tacoma then. :thumbsup2:

And Nick, that would be great!!! :thumbsup2:

I would show pics but I’m so damn picture posting illiterate on this site it’s just incredible. Yeah I tried the tutorial but got a headache... I am after all just a caveman.

I pour it all in the yard, it's just a mixture of dawn dishwashing soap, lemon juice and crud. After that it gets rinsed in the sink and tossed in the oven to dry for a couple hours. My wife is an anal asshole about HER kitchen, but she's seen that it's not filthy once I've dumped the dirty water so doesn't mind unless I've got a load in there and she decides she wants to use the oven.

Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I picked up the brass from rocketscott earlier today and I’ll tell you that it doesn’t look like the same brass at all!!!
A big shout to Scott for doing me a great favor. :thumbsup2:
To be honest wet tumbling really funky brass is superior to dry tumbling but on dry range brass the dry method works well most of the time, IMHO

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DoveRelease wrote:

How do you keep them from falling off the table, like that?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2