Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:26 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 for a dumb new guy to reloading 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ok so i have a scale you know one of those ones with the little ball you slide and then it has something else for even smaller weights now where do i put all of that when i am trying to re load .223 or .556 or are they the same? and if they are then where do i put it at?

again help icon_pray

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ok help me help you! lol

are you trying to Zero it out to get a good measurement?

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:10 pm
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just in joy wrote:
Ok help me help you! lol

are you trying to Zero it out to get a good measurement?

lol nope i am just trying to figure out where to set it to lol

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

But if I am understanding your quetion correctly

The Ball is for the amount of weight you are trying to weight say for instance you want to measure out 55gr projectile with h-varget(powder) at the minimum load of 25.5grs

you would place the Ball poise to the 20 postion and the grain poise to the 5.5 postion that will give you 25.5grs or say you wanted 30.0grs then place the Ball Poise to the 30 position and Zero the Grain Poise and depending on the Scale Lee's the full Grain window is at the bottom the .1 grains scale is on the top. so to get 5.5 you will be between 5 & 6 on the lower veiwing grains window.

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:23 pm
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just in joy wrote:

The Ball is for the amount of weight you are trying to weight say for instance you want to measure out 55gr projectile with h-varget(powder) at the minimum load of 25.5grs

you would place the Ball poise to the 20 postion and the grain poise to the 5.5 postion that will give you 25.5grs or say you wanted 30.0grs then place the Ball Poise to the 30 position and Zero the Grain Poise and depending on the Scale Lee's the full Grain window is at the bottom the .1 grains scale is on the top. so to get 5.5 you will be between 5 & 6 on the lower veiwing grains window.

omg i am starting to think that i am just not ment to do this lol my head hurts

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:36 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

mash man wrote:
Just in joy wrote:

Thats why they invented digital. I tried out a friends balance beam and wow, what a chore.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

yeah I have the digital works alot better I got the hornady gs1500 works great for what I do. i onlt use it for Rifle loads not pistol I have the auto disk for that!

Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:55 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin
Site Admin

I believe that the new Reloading section has been christened with its first troll. :D

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:55 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mash, the bar scale is pretty easy, just tedious. You can't load 5.56 because you can't make a NATO spec'd round. So, you will be loading an identical version in .223. What powder are you using?

Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:57 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mash man wrote:
Just in joy wrote:

Hopefully you figure this out before you actually load any rounds or it might be more than your head that ends up hurting :shock: :shock: :D :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
I believe that the new Reloading section has been christened with its first troll. :D

:bash: :D

Massivedesign wrote:
Mash, the bar scale is pretty easy, just tedious. You can't load 5.56 because you can't make a NATO spec'd round. So, you will be loading an identical version in .223. What powder are you using?

i am have Vargent? (spelling unsure) and justin and i talked last night on the phone and he walked me through it and what i have decided is yup i need a dig scale with a trickler

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:44 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mash man, in all seriousness and meant to be helpful: your original post in this thread makes absolutely no sense, so it scares the hell out of me that you're about to reload ammo. Seriously, PLEASE be careful. Double-check all of your data, and ask questions as needed, before you fire anything.

"Where do I put it for .223" is an impossible question to answer. It depends on what powder you are using and what bullet weight you have, for starters.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Mash man, in all seriousness and meant to be helpful: your original post in this thread makes absolutely no sense, so it scares the hell out of me that you're about to reload ammo. Seriously, PLEASE be careful. Double-check all of your data, and ask questions as needed, before you fire anything.

"Where do I put it for .223" is an impossible question to answer. It depends on what powder you are using and what bullet weight you have, for starters.

yup that is why there is no way in hell i am going to do it until someone can show me the right way to do it L-) lol

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]