Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:56 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 New Set Up 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I received my new Lee gear from Graf & Sons on Friday, I put my Workmate 420 to work and cranked out a few 40 S&W & 9mm rounds to check out at the range on Monday. Graf & Sons is pretty cool, No Tax, No Shipping, and they are waiving their $4.95 Handling fee for a short time.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice I wish I would of known you needed Brass I could of gave you a load of 40 and 9mm I am up the road from you in Federal way a bit.

How do you like the LEE setup?

Sorry I re-read my post and noticed I said Gave as in Past tense I mean I will still gladly Give you some! I recvd alot of Brass from Members on here for free and I did Pay for some but still willing to Pass on to another member!

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Last edited by Just in joy on Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:44 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice setup!

Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:50 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just in joy wrote:

How do you like the LEE setup?

Sorry I re-read my post and noticed I said Gave as in Past tense I mean I will still gladly Give you some! I recvd alot of Brass from Members on here for free and I did Pay for some but still willing to Pass on to another member!

I like the Classic 4 hole turret a lot, back in the 80's when I started handloading (BWK), I was RCBS Rabid, But now that I am getting back into it, the price point on the lee gear is awesome. and everything works flawlessly. I was a little put off by the Auto Disk System, but one I figured it out I love it. and the new Electronic scales that are available are sweet.

Thanks for the offer of the brass I appreciate it, but I have a bunch as well as factory loaded rounds I am recouping, and I hope to re-use all I have now.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cool I am going to Upgrade mine to a system like that I love Less Price Point I got a LEE PRO 1000 and I dis like is alot... I am going to sell it off here shortly.... I this system as it uses a shell holder instead of a Plate, unlike the LEE pro 1000 the lower portion is a movable shell plate and can easily get clogged as the Primer feature is not the Best and will still drop powder in the case without a primer.

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:05 pm
Profile YIM
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, the price is right, I like the turret as it allows you to get multiple turret inserts and preset your Die's. I set up for 9mm in one, and 40S&W in another then just pop them out and store them in a drawer. If you do get one, pay the extra $10 and get the Lee Classic Turret Press with Steel Linkage/Iron Base. Its stronger and taller than the standard one.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:02 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Very nice setup! A friend of mine from work just got his turret press running as well. He also loads .40SW. Curious what powder you chose to go with those barrys plated.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

olydemon wrote:
Very nice setup! A friend of mine from work just got his turret press running as well. He also loads .40SW. Curious what powder you chose to go with those barrys plated.

Thanks Oly, I am working up loads with HP-38, I also picked up a pound of Power Pistol. We'll see how these work in a couple of SA XDM's.

Thanks,
Jeff~

Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jeff1963 wrote:
I was a little put off by the Auto Disk System, but one I figured it out I love it.

The Lee Auto Disk powder dispenser is a great tool. Only issues I ever had with it was it tended to have a bad case of "static cling" with powder being stuck in the disk cavity. For mine I solved it by taking a #2 lead pencil and smearing the pencil lead (graphite) on the inside of the disk cavity I was using. Loads were instantly consistent and within .1 grain.

Just beware as it is one measure that's easy to drop a double load which can be disastrous if using powders that don't fill most of the case.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Man I need a garage! I line in a condo that is far to small for all my hobbies, and toys. AAAHHH!!!

Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:29 am

I live in a 2 bedroom apartment.
After my daughter moved out, I took over her room for such activities.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:48 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why not use your dining room like someone does on the fourm I will not mention names lol

Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:57 am
Profile YIM
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

jeff1963 wrote:
olydemon wrote:

Thanks Oly, I am working up loads with HP-38, I also picked up a pound of Power Pistol. We'll see how these work in a couple of SA XDM's.

Thanks,
Jeff~

Cool. My friend from work just got rolling on his first loads this weekend. He went with AA#7 for his .40's. He bought one box of Speer bullets so he could run from the manual using their data(no guesswork for a beginner). He also got a box of berrys plated he will use once he is more familiar with the process.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:00 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just in joy wrote:
Why not use your dining room like someone does on the fourm I will not mention names lol

thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
jeff1963 wrote:
I was a little put off by the Auto Disk System, but one I figured it out I love it.

Just beware as it is one measure that's easy to drop a double load which can be disastrous if using powders that don't fill most of the case.

No doubt deadshot2, I have been keeping an eye on them, as well as doing a Lot check after I am done. basically weighing every complete round when I finish, looking for any abnormally out of spec rounds.

Thanks,
Jeff~

Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next