Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:50 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Rifle reloading questions 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I reload everything I shoot (9mm, .40, .44, .38, .357, .223, 6mm Rem, .308, .30-06, 7mm)on a Lee Classic Turret and I love it. That being said, I do not resize rifle brass on it. I use a Lee Challenger single stage press for that because it's stronger and I don't have to worry about breaking it. Even if it breaks, Lee will replace it.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:53 am

To the OP. What is your goal? Plinking? Super match-grade? Pretty accurate and generally repeatable shots? I ask cuz you really need to outline what you're aiming for. Do you have patience to load one at a time? Can you afford a $1k scale that measures to the .001 grains? Or is an RCBS dispenser and scale ok?

I load for all types. But when I load for my match-grade ammo, I use fresh Lapua brass, and either my single stage Forster press, or an arbor hydrolic press that measures the pressure used to seat the bullet. Bullet sorting for base to ogive, too. Etc etc. (And there are lots of extra steps I use when loading for uniformed handloads.)

For questions like yours, you need to be very specific with everything. What is your budget? How patient are you? Are you okay with .01-.06 differences in powder throws for your rifle cartridges? What distances are you shooting?

Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2