Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:56 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post Reloading Tips, Tricks, Gadgets that make life easier! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not to far behind you. It is hard to keep up with ammo for my grandson to shoot every weekend.

I will be buying a Hornady progressive.

Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:11 pm

One of these will last you a lifetime instead of buying and replacing vibrator dispencers and once you lean how you can dispense powder into the scale pan so much faster and even scoop out if you put too much in.
https://www.fishersci.com/shop/products ... 5cm/14357q Or from Amazon you get three https://www.amazon.com/LAB-SCOOP-Stainl ... ial&sr=1-6

That looks better.

Last edited by hartcreek on Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hartcreek wrote:

Got you a fishy link there.

Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
I'm dropping the same knowledge someone dropped on me when I said, "I'm getting an XL650.".

The powder thrower adjustment knob is worth all the monies.
https://usa-shop.armanov.com/product-category/dillon-parts-and-upgrade-tuning-parts/

Dana here’s a cheaper version that does the same thing: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B003R2VZAW/ ... _lig_dp_it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So I picked up this old RCBS 5-10 scale. I had to really spend some time cleaning it up but it was worth it. I like the dial feature for setting the "tenths" of the old 5-10 scales. I disassembled and cleaned the pivot crystals with alcohol prep pads. I think I have this old scale working pretty good now and functioning properly but I was having a difficult time seeing the zero needle marks align as they were pretty faded. Even when the lines are clearly visible like they are on my 5-0-5 scale these lines begin to play tricks on my old eyes after measuring a few loads. The gap that exists between the two needle marks when aligned would play tricks on my eyes and leave me wondering if each load was truly aligned exactly like the one before it.

This is a very crude fix but it worked really well for the 100 loads of 223 that I measured out tonight. Having the two lines that match up actually overlap each other really seemed to increase the accuracy of the repeated measuring of loads. The higher contrast of the red also made it easier for my eyes repeat the process of alignment. Crude as it is, I am very pleased with the improvement created here.

Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well I don't know if anyone else suffers this curse but my reloading area gets dusty as all get up! I am much too cheap to pay $20 bucks or so for an RCBS branded soft cover to protect my scale from dust so I came up with my $3-$4 solution which appeals to me much more than a soft cover. Unlike a soft cover this will not snag the pan or the beam and send my scale reeling across the bench when I go to unveil it.

I'm also concerned about dust and debris getting into my wonderful Hornady trickler when it is sitting idly on my workshop bench. I've found a cap from a can of "One Shot" case lube spray fits the top perfectly to keep any crud out until it's time to get busy with it. I also have a really awesome Franford Arsenal hand trickler that I keep for back up should my Hornady take a poop on me. I found a cap off of one of the wife's hair product containers that fit it perfectly (she's still wondering where the cap went). No need to blow money on some fancy shmancy dust cover with a brand name on it when you can find things in the house that are destined for the trash eventually anyway.

NO DUST CAP

WITH DUST CAP

Wed May 01, 2019 6:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2