Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:40 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Why is Surplus Ammo price gouging?? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Capitalism, they are a for profit business not doing this out of the kindness of their hearts.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:42 pm

Total horse shit and pure greed. Their cost on the current stock has not changed, only their retail price to line their pockets. I stopped into Quantico at 4:30PM today and they were selling all their PMAG inventory at the same price as last week, imagine that! $14.36 for a windowed PMAG. 3 weeks ago that same PMAG was $15.15 at SAA. You telling me their "cost" went up on stock sitting on the shelf, yeah right. $24.99 in the store and $29.99 on the website. 4 weeks ago a SAA stripped lower was $89, 2 weeks ago it was $99, now it's $150?!

Good bye to my business.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If no one buys at these prices, they will be forced to lower them.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:14 pm

God damn!!? 150 for a stripped SAA lower?! I got one for 100 a week and a half ago. We all know good god damn well their prices didnt jump like that.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:15 pm

This isn't fantasy land where prices are supposed to be fixed at x% above cost. Something is worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. If people will buy the mags or lowers for that price, then SAA would be stupid not to take it. They're not douches, they're (potentially) smart business owners. If you can make it backfire on them, more power to you.

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Unless and until a person violates the social contract by breaking a just law, society has no moral basis for the restriction of their liberty. To restrict the liberty of one who has not in this way earned such restriction is the very definition of tyranny."
-Me

Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

First rule of business. If your products are selling, the prices aren't too high. Don't like it, go buy your own "Store".

You know, there something called "Online Shopping". Name brand products at cheaper prices, no Sales Tax, and often with free shipping on minimum order amounts. Beats driving around, wasting gas, putting up with crowded stores or poor customer service.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:13 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Benja455 wrote:
Gas stations operate on a completely different business model. SAA is playing with fire on this one.

:angryfire:

That's not really true. Quite often when my manufactures raise prices, I receive a notification from them that says "prices starting on X will be Y, you might want to reprice your inventory".

That said, I don't think the manufaturers jack the prices up THIS much. So certainly a lot of the price difference is coming from SAA itself.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

troyp47000 wrote:
God damn!!? 150 for a stripped SAA lower?! I got one for 100 a week and a half ago. We all know good god damn well their prices didnt jump like that.

I got mine for 79.99 the day after the election.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sorry guys, windowed pmags are no longer $24.99, theyre now $31.99

Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:46 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hyiuheehee wrote:
sorry guys, windowed pmags are no longer $24.99, theyre now $31.99

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:43 pm
Profile WWW

Anthony.L wrote:
Total horse shit and pure greed. Their cost on the current stock has not changed, only their retail price to line their pockets. I stopped into Quantico at 4:30PM today and they were selling all their PMAG inventory at the same price as last week, imagine that! $14.36 for a windowed PMAG. 3 weeks ago that same PMAG was $15.15 at SAA. You telling me their "cost" went up on stock sitting on the shelf, yeah right. $24.99 in the store and $29.99 on the website. 4 weeks ago a SAA stripped lower was $89, 2 weeks ago it was $99, now it's $150?!

Good bye to my business.

Lowers are now $120. The same as many other brands.
It's not just previous cost, it's about replacement cost. You still have to be able to buy replacement items or you're losing money.

Get them at Quantico. Or at Tactical Tailor. They're probably direct and get a better deal from Magpul. Or if you are military, see if they still have any at the PX (not the BX, they didn't have any today).

Maxord also had them at a great price... of course he was banned, so you'll need to find his number.

Last edited by Unicorn on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:18 am

Hyiuheehee wrote:
Rumor is, they keep a stock in back, keep little on the shelf, and claim thats all they have.

Completely false.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:19 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Chester for chiming in calmly on a thread with some heated opinions.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:18 am
Profile WWW

I was just in their store and they still have pmags. $27.99 non windowed and $31.99 for windowed. I've bought a lot of stuff from them in the past. Never again.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mohawk13 wrote:
All My stock is open for sale, even the stuff in the back...and it is all the same price...and I have plenty to go around...My Gunsmith says many folks from CA trying to buy High Caps, and is running them off..But our ammo and mag sales have been brisk...

They would be committing felonies when they cross the state line, so running them off if for their own good anyway.

I lived under CA rule for 23 years, I immigrated to the USA in July. I understand the frustration, but it isn't worth a year in prison for 20 extra rounds in your stupid mag.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next