Switch to full style
Post a reply

Re: What ever happened to SA&A in Tacoma?!

Thu May 02, 2013 9:20 am

Yhea, let's leave Chester out of this. If Anything he has been the one taking the brunt of the storm for SA&A by being the face on the forums.

Thu May 02, 2013 9:28 am

Leave Chester out of your petty bullshit. As Rick said, he is an employee and doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the politics behind the way the store runs. Chester has always been honest and helpful at SA&A and a great member here. If you have a problem with SA&A why don't you guys go say it to James at the shows? Let him know just what you think about him but be sure the name WaGuns doesn't cross your lips.

Also don't forget that all these threads get saved in an archive so in a couple months or whenever, when SA&A gets back to normal I certainly don't want to see any of you who have bashed them buy a single damn thing from them in the future. If you do you'll be called out for being a hypocrite.

I don't agree with what SA&A is doing anymore than the rest of you but you know how I handle it? I don't spend my money with them. Plain and simple. I don't create threads bitching about them and their employees for being employed by them. I don't swear that I will NEVER buy anything from them again. I just won't buy anything from them or ANY OTHER place that is hiking prices through the roof. If their prices never get back to "normal" I will never show there again. If they do get the prices back to "normal" I will most definitely spend money there again. I loved the prices and liked the staff.

Thu May 02, 2013 10:09 am

TacticalAssault wrote:Leave Chester out of your petty bullshit. As Rick said, he is an employee and doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the politics behind the way the store runs. Chester has always been honest and helpful at SA&A and a great member here. If you have a problem with SA&A why don't you guys go say it to James at the shows? Let him know just what you think about him but be sure the name WaGuns doesn't cross your lips.

Also don't forget that all these threads get saved in an archive so in a couple months or whenever, when SA&A gets back to normal I certainly don't want to see any of you who have bashed them buy a single damn thing from them in the future. If you do you'll be called out for being a hypocrite.

I don't agree with what SA&A is doing anymore than the rest of you but you know how I handle it? I don't spend my money with them. Plain and simple. I don't create threads bitching about them and their employees for being employed by them. I don't swear that I will NEVER buy anything from them again. I just won't buy anything from them or ANY OTHER place that is hiking prices through the roof. If their prices never get back to "normal" I will never show there again. If they do get the prices back to "normal" I will most definitely spend money there again. I loved the prices and liked the staff.

Well said.

I :whatthe: :shocked4: :facepalm2: at the price for the 9mm. That doesn't mean that I meant to bash the store, or it's employees.

Thu May 02, 2013 10:21 am

Chester oughta get some one to bank roll him to start his own store. He would bury SAA inside of 90 days.

Thu May 02, 2013 11:24 am

How about a little praise for SA&A?
Okay, I'll follow NWRed. At the WAC show they had Colt 6920's (M4's) for $1099! That may be less than pre-election pricing.
I'm guessing that they will lower ammo prices similarly when supply starts to normalize.
Kudos to James for keeping his doors open and his employees employed. When he has products I want at prices I'll pay I'll go back.

Blah blah Tapatalk2
FBHO!

Thu May 02, 2013 11:29 am

When he has products I want at prices I'll pay I'll go back.

This is what the whole thread is about.

Thu May 02, 2013 12:03 pm

Anthony.L wrote:You here that Chester?!? Guess I'm not the only one now am I...

Your attitude is petty. Grow up.

Thu May 02, 2013 12:07 pm

Benja455 wrote:
Zwitter wrote:Walt, you quoted the online store price which isn't the Lakewood or Tacoma store price. IIRC all three are separate, but at least for sure the brick and mortar is from the online.

Doesn't matter. They shouldn't be following the piss poor example of CTD...instead they should be trying to emulate SG Ammo or Midway. I haven't been to the Lakewood store in many months but it sounds like they are doing the same thing there and at the WAC shows. It's a shame...but I'll never shop at any of their "separate" businesses again.

It does matter, you could quote any websites price by that logic, and say the store front is charging XXX amount.

The website and store front are not linked.

Damnit AIM surplus is sold out of .223/5.56...I blame Lakewood SA&As for driving the price up. (insert facepalm)

Thu May 02, 2013 12:13 pm

Zwitter wrote:
Benja455 wrote:
Zwitter wrote:Walt, you quoted the online store price which isn't the Lakewood or Tacoma store price. IIRC all three are separate, but at least for sure the brick and mortar is from the online.

Doesn't matter. They shouldn't be following the piss poor example of CTD...instead they should be trying to emulate SG Ammo or Midway. I haven't been to the Lakewood store in many months but it sounds like they are doing the same thing there and at the WAC shows. It's a shame...but I'll never shop at any of their "separate" businesses again.

It does matter, you could quote any websites price by that logic, and say the store front is charging XXX amount.

The website and store front are not linked.

Damnit AIM surplus is sold out of .223/5.56...I blame Lakewood SA&As for driving the price up. (insert facepalm)

poor counter-comparison. aim surplus is aim surplus.

Eh...it's kinda like bullseye and the range upstairs...apparently they aren't related...sure....(yes, it was atf problems with dc sniper)

Thu May 02, 2013 12:14 pm

You guys can attack me all you want in the defense of Chester. The bottom line is he has attacked me personally (including calling me a piece of shit for not serving my country) on several online forums. If you think that is the kind of employee you want representing your business online, then go ahead and hire him and let me know. You will be on the same shit list as SAA.

I used to say nothing bad about Chester, in fact the exact opposite. However when he decided to take my grievance with SAA's ownership and management personal and attack me he invited himself into the crosshairs. All of you would feel the exact same way if the same happen to you. Say no, and you are lying through your teeth.

Thu May 02, 2013 12:18 pm

Anthony.L wrote:You guys can attack me all you want in the defense of Chester. The bottom line is he has attacked me personally (including calling me a piece of shit for not serving my country) on several online forums. If you think that is the kind of employee you want representing your business online, then go ahead and hire him and let me know. You will be on the same shit list as SAA.

I used to say nothing bad about Chester, in fact the exact opposite. However when he decided to take my grievance with SAA's ownership and management personal and attack me he invited himself into the crosshairs.

If that's true than that's some bullshit. He would be calling a lot of us pieces of shit then for the same reason. I didn't serve my country but not by choice it was because I couldn't. That certainly doesn't mean I don't love my country as much as the next guy.

Thu May 02, 2013 12:22 pm

I thought personal attacks were not allowed here?

Thu May 02, 2013 12:25 pm

When you hit a nerve of a veteran, a pretty common counterattack is for them to pull the "oh yeah, well you're not a vet so you're a (insert insult here)" card.

Do some quick searches of some other folk's posts on here and you'll see the same thing.

Fact is, you said something to get under Chester's skin. What did you expect to happen when you troll board after board after board talking shit about not just SA&A, but the people who work there, too?

All this online fighting is kinda 13 year old girl-ish. Act like men....talk it out face to face, throw some punches if necessary, and drink some beer afterwards.

Thu May 02, 2013 12:43 pm

Unfortunately, SAA brings a lot of heat down on themselves based on short sighted business practices.

Online store, and soon, 2 store fronts. Based on past history of the online store versus the retail outlet, when the new store front opens up, all three will have completely different pricing.

Everybody and their dog knows all three stores are under the same company ownership.

This is just lazy, careless stupid brand management that kills the name brand.

Prices during hysteria ? Not so much of an issue compared to this cluster of fuck.

As for Chester, the guy isn't an angel, but he is a hard working guy trying to make the best of a bad situation.

Is he perfect ? Is he a prick ? Neither. He is just a guy trying to do his job.

And, no, he is not going to make everyone happy all the time.

Anyone working retail and dealing with people all day long is gonna have some " fuck you " moments.

I still think he would make bank, and bury SAA in less than 90 days if he ran a competing store.

Mainly, because he could walk his own walk, instead of toeing the SAA corporate defense line all the time.

Thu May 02, 2013 12:48 pm

I like turtles.
Post a reply