Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:52 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Prepared to Bunker In 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

T.Boone Pickens recently passed and his ranch is now up for sale. Only $250,000,000.00
I bet it would be a good pace to "bug-in".

BTW: I wonder if this will have any impact on gas prices and the power of the U.S. Petro-dollar?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Last edited by jukk0u on Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
T.Boone Pickens recently passed and his ranch is now up for sale. Only $250,000,000.00
I bet it would be a good pace to "bug-in".

BTW: I wonder if this will have any impact on as prices and the power of the U.S. Petro-dollar?

Ass prices are pretty "stable."

Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:25 pm

Kick start my heart wrote:
roadtechatlarge wrote:
I’m home between jobs anywhere from 5 to 15 days a month, I have enough supplies to last me a month or so. There’s water on the property but it would need to be purified. I’ve got trading fodder and know people I can trust as well as those I can’t. My problem is that if something big happens when I’m working I could be on either coast, northern/southern border, remote or city location and may not have many of the preps I’d need to survive for more than a few days. Many locations I cannot fly into with firearms and cannot even carry a decent knife. I bring clothing appropriate for the job and weather, sometimes that’s extreme cold or hot but not much of either. My nightmare scenario is being stuck in a metropolitan area in a rental car without any preps or support. My company has a sort of call this number from anywhere in the world and we’ll get you home plan but in a large scale event I can’t see that doing music good.

Does anyone else on this board travel extensively and has a plan for dealing with this while on the road?

I’m a sales rep for 2 states. I’ve thought about what would happen if I was in Spokane, or Medford on the road. Would be a long walk home should the roads be bad.

Anyone have any ideas on how to deal with a large scale issue when you’re thousands of miles from home? I’m all ears!!!

Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No real way to really deal with intermediate - long distance. One way is if you drive your vehicle but you are talking about most likely flying and being there - hundreds of miles away. Frankly being 10 miles away can be daunting.

No way to really set up contacts and have stashed etc.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

roadtechatlarge wrote:
roadtechatlarge wrote:
I’m home between jobs anywhere from 5 to 15 days a month, I have enough supplies to last me a month or so. There’s water on the property but it would need to be purified. I’ve got trading fodder and know people I can trust as well as those I can’t. My problem is that if something big happens when I’m working I could be on either coast, northern/southern border, remote or city location and may not have many of the preps I’d need to survive for more than a few days. Many locations I cannot fly into with firearms and cannot even carry a decent knife. I bring clothing appropriate for the job and weather, sometimes that’s extreme cold or hot but not much of either. My nightmare scenario is being stuck in a metropolitan area in a rental car without any preps or support. My company has a sort of call this number from anywhere in the world and we’ll get you home plan but in a large scale event I can’t see that doing music good.

Does anyone else on this board travel extensively and has a plan for dealing with this while on the road?

I’m a sales rep for 2 states. I’ve thought about what would happen if I was in Spokane, or Medford on the road. Would be a long walk home should the roads be bad.

Anyone have any ideas on how to deal with a large scale issue when you’re thousands of miles from home? I’m all ears!!!

Are they places to which you are regularly assigned? One could rent storage for gear.
Otherwise, I think I might find a way to carry 1/8 ounce gold coins or an amount of cash for necessaries purchased in the immediate aftermath.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:10 pm

jukk0u wrote:
roadtechatlarge wrote:
roadtechatlarge wrote:

Are they places to which you are regularly assigned? One could rent storage for gear.
Otherwise, I think I might find a way to carry 1/8 ounce gold coins or an amount of cash for necessaries purchased in the immediate aftermath.

I’m not assigned anywhere on a regular basis, that and my schedule changes frequently. I literally have worked at all but a handful of border crossings and seaports in the US. I do drive my vehicle if the assignment is within 10 hours but that is infrequent. I do work with armed personnel, and some of them would likely offer assistance/equipment loans. (And have) I don’t expect to get home soon (Or possibly ever) after a LARGE scale event) Even 9/11/01 caused a lot of issues with travelers but a rental car could get you home in a few days from anywhere in North America. Do you remember how odd it felt to see NO contrails overhead? I sure do!

Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:39 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I have a database of all Mormons, they save food for me.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:

I'd bet they are also saving some lead for you. :bigsmile: :ROFLMAO:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:46 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

hkcavalier wrote:
Ass prices are pretty "stable."

Point awarded. thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Harley Magnumitis wrote:
Brand new member here, and this is the thread that makes the most sense to me so this is m first post here. Many of us are just too damned old or infirm to bug out to much of anywhere. And why leave four walls and a roof and a bed and.......? Not to mention all of my bartering goods and supplies. Nope, wife and I have discussed this and regardless of what comes about we are bugging IN! I like the term here "Bunker In" Live or die, right here.

How may of you, like me, HAVE to have life supporting medicines which .gov will not allow us to stock up on? Anyone else have the idea that our first move if real trouble hits is to rob the nearest Pharmacy? And besides the life support meds, anyone with extra antibiotics, pain meds etc. as WELL as life support type meds will be a bartering GOD if able to defend the stockpile.

Been buying up some extra supplies, and would actually consider selling off/trading off some of my weapons plus have a bit of cash on hand, to aquire more of what I need at this point. All I have - and this is about to change really damned fast - is three cases of MRE's, a case of SPAM, couple gallons of honey, a year 'round creek going through my 1/3 Acre and LOTS (probably too much/many) firearms and rounds of ammo in all of the NATO calibers.

Going to stay tuned here.........

Welcome.

Looting pharmacies will happen but there will be fierce competition there.

Back when I was having problems and an uncooperative dr I turned to the internet and bought meds online from Canada and Mumbai. Bought as much as I needed. Don't know if that option is still possible but worth a try! I would hate to come up short of meds when they are seriously needed just because our system won't allow stockpiling.

A decent doctor will write script for a bit more in the case of an extended trip. Might also be worth a try.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SporkBoy wrote:
Harley Magnumitis wrote:
Brand new member here, and this is the thread that makes the most sense to me so this is m first post here. Many of us are just too damned old or infirm to bug out to much of anywhere. And why leave four walls and a roof and a bed and.......? Not to mention all of my bartering goods and supplies. Nope, wife and I have discussed this and regardless of what comes about we are bugging IN! I like the term here "Bunker In" Live or die, right here.

How may of you, like me, HAVE to have life supporting medicines which .gov will not allow us to stock up on? Anyone else have the idea that our first move if real trouble hits is to rob the nearest Pharmacy? And besides the life support meds, anyone with extra antibiotics, pain meds etc. as WELL as life support type meds will be a bartering GOD if able to defend the stockpile.

Been buying up some extra supplies, and would actually consider selling off/trading off some of my weapons plus have a bit of cash on hand, to aquire more of what I need at this point. All I have - and this is about to change really damned fast - is three cases of MRE's, a case of SPAM, couple gallons of honey, a year 'round creek going through my 1/3 Acre and LOTS (probably too much/many) firearms and rounds of ammo in all of the NATO calibers.

Welcome.

Back when I was having problems and an uncooperative dr I turned to the internet and bought meds online from Canada and Mumbai. Bought as much as I needed. Don't know if that option is still possible but worth a try! I would hate to come up short of meds when they are seriously needed just because our system won't allow stockpiling.

A decent doctor will write script for a bit more in the case of an extended trip. Might also be worth a try.

What method do you use to confirm what you received was what you ordered? I ask to learn.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

quantsuff wrote:
SporkBoy wrote:
Harley Magnumitis wrote:

Welcome.

What method do you use to confirm what you received was what you ordered? I ask to learn.

I trust in the kindness of strangers.

I suppose one could have a pill sent out for testing but that would be remarkably expensive.

I would trust items purchased from Canada more than that from Mumbai but what are your options?

I've gotten doxycycline and amoxicillin from Mumbai and it worked as expected FWIW.

It's a fair question but why would you trust US pharmacists without proof? Shenanigans are universal.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

roadtechatlarge wrote:
roadtechatlarge wrote:

I remember reading a few books on this scenario. I recall the book "Going Home" being quite good, and that whole series was a good read. I think I made a wish list of items to buy from that first book.

Going Home: A Novel (The Survivalist Series Book 1)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DM ... UTF8&psc=1

Long Road to Survival: The Prepper Series, Book 1
https://www.amazon.com/Long-Road-Surviv ... ext&sr=1-3

Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:07 pm

Guntrader wrote:

I'm not Mormon but have known quite a few, make your peace with your Maker, first

Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next