Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Who Knew You Can Eat Devil's Club? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know you can eat fern shoots, but Devil's Club*

Here's when and how to harvest and prepare Devil's Club shoots:

http://www.laurieconstantino.com/how-to ... vils-club/

*I lost my virginity in a crude lean-to on a impromptu camp-out :thumbsup2: in the Devil's Club Nat'l forest :bigsmile:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:21 am

I am slowly but surely getting rid of it on the forested back third of our lot. I used a brush cutter last year to cut down the 6-8 foot tall stalks, and I spent this summer and probably next summer grubbing up the roots, since that it the only way to ensure it does not come back. Amazingly long subterranean runners of the roots.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

*I lost my virginity in a crude lean-to on a impromptu camp-out :thumbsup2: in the Devil's Club Nat'l forest :bigsmile:

I heard they are cracking down on that sort of thing with the Boy Scout leaders now :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

lionhrt wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

I heard they are cracking down on that sort of thing with the Boy Scout leaders now :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

He was gentle and bit my ear a little.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]