Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:32 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Plate carriers 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NotAMerc wrote:
beckdw wrote:
I got...inebriated... the other night and ordered 5 of the Battle Steel level III+ special threat plates that claim to stop M855. I plan on shooting the 5th one...and probably selling two of the remaining ones since I may have gone overboard, lol. Will do a detailed report.

Wasn't there someone on here that was selling m855A1 a while back? I'd be curious if they could stop that.
There was, Bobbity[sp] maybe? It was a dollar a round or more, but 5x for science wouldn't be bad.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:58 pm

Yes, Bobbity was selling some. Not sure if he still has, will ask.

Key rounds would be m855 and m193 (out of a decent 18-20" barrel, mind you). M855a1 would be a bonus.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ViniVidivici wrote:
Yes, Bobbity was selling some. Not sure if he still has, will ask.

Key rounds would be m855 and m193 (out of a decent 18-20" barrel, mind you). M855a1 would be a bonus.
Yeah, plan on rocking my 18" SPR and seeing if anything I have will defeat it.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've got M855 to donate

Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:56 am

OK - last post on UARM ultralight level 3+ plates not to annoy anybody :) They're arrived! Plates and PC. Impulse buy on Friday night, delivered today on Thursday. Shipped from Ontario, CA. Nicely packed. Excellent finish quality. Very light (3.25lbs) and reasonably thin (3/4"). The only unknown is if they're truly level 3+. :) I hope I never have to find out about that on my own body :) I'll definately going to enjoy the lightweight setup though. Here's plate "unboxing" pictures:

Image Image
Image Image

Their lightweight PC and ventilation pontoons looks very well made to me (although I am not an expert at all to make any of these judgements). Stitching doesn't have any visible imperfections. QR buckles seems to be well made and work very well. Multicurve plates have a very snug fit, ventilation pontoon plates work nicely. So I'm happy camper for now :)

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:07 pm

NotAMerc wrote:
I am by no means a fountain of cash, but I'd be willing to chip in $50. The main question would be how well it stops 5.56, either 55 or 62 grain.

I'm in for $50. Four more interested folks with the same pledge and we have a test shoot party! :)

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Esstac has some of their Daeodon ASS carriers in Multicam in. Their a local company so anyone that wants to buy local here's your option

https://esstac.com/daeodon-ass/

Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:bonghit:
Quote:
Daeodon ASS carriers

:rofl9:

simple may be good, but damn, $240? front mag panels extra. no drag handle either.
and it wouldn't freaking hurt to put up a few pictures of it...

Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:44 am

They're very well-made though, worth every penny.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got my Battle Steel III+/STR (Special Threat Rated) plates today. I ordered and paid for the single curve basic model, but ended up getting the polyurethane sealed multi curve plates. Looking forward to the testing. They state they are Polyurethane constructed, nothing about ceramic. I find this very interesting since most higher cost plates that are STR for M855 have ceramics. I know my Hesco L210s have ceramics, but are thinner by .2" and cost $60 more. ImageImage

Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some discussion of their NIJ claims on Arfcom

Spoiler: show
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Battle-Steel-Level-III-Plates/10-494867/

Your BS plates say the manufacturer certifies that the plates were tested (by whom?) to NIJ standards.

What's the wording on your Hesco plates?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:59 pm

That's wierd, those look exactly like a III+ plate they make, which is ceramic/PE, but that label implies these're PE only.

Also looking forward to the test results!

Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Some discussion of their NIJ claims on Arfcom

Spoiler: show
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Battle-Steel-Level-III-Plates/10-494867/

Your BS plates say the manufacturer certifies that the plates were tested (by whom?) to NIJ standards.

What's the wording on your Hesco plates?

They aren't NIJ certified, no III+ is, NIJ only certifies III, or IV. They have sent TEST plates to labs that do NIJ certifications (they used to claim NTS Chesapeake in their descriptions) which is where their claims come from.

From Hesco's website re the L210:
"NIJ Standard-0101.06: Special threat testing conducted in accordance with NIJ Standard-0101.06 (modified)."

I.E. no certification either because they are III+/STR. Anyone can have plates tested, but the certification process includes NIJ inspectors being able to pull random plates off your assembly line and test them (my understanding) and NIJ doesn't have any rating between III and IV in the ".06" ratings. They are developing/have developed a ".07" rating system that will certify plates between III & IV.

Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

nice. Thank you.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ViniVidivici wrote:
That's wierd, those look exactly like a III+ plate they make, which is ceramic/PE, but that label implies these're PE only.

Also looking forward to the test results!
Where did you see those? I can't find any BS III+ on Botach making the claim with ceramics.

Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next